hi im confused about EMG pickups,

whats the difference between EMG hz h4's, and EMG 81, 60's etc

what are their good qualities?
MAV!
There have been threads on this.

But, for you:

Quote by MetalUpTheAss
EMG 81, 85, and 60 all feature ceramic magnets. The 81 has the highest output, and a very tight bass. It's used in the neck and bridge positions, and is good for rhthym in the bridge and soloing in the neck (Used by Kirk Hammett in both positions). The 85 is used often in the neck by players like Zakk Wylde and Kerry King, but also can be used in the bridge for a tone that has more open mids than the 81 in the bridge. It's a bit less output. The 60 has the least output, and a great humbucker for cleans. Used mostly in the neck position, the using a 60 along with a bridge 81 or 85 can give a nice rhythm tone. It's a great clean pickup. If you want more warmth and better cleans, look into the EMG 60A, which features an alinco magnet.

For distorted soloing an 81 or 85 is good.
For rhythm an 81 in bridge + 60 in neck used simultaneously is a well liked one, as well as the 81 alone in the bridge, an 81 + 85, or an 85 alone.
For all matters clean, 60 or 60A

And EMG makes Active pickups best. Their passives are no good.
haha
cheers for the help,

which begs the question, whats better for soling the 81 or 85??
MAV!
^ depends- what type of guitar, wood, n soudnm yuou looking for

i liek the 85- cuz i liek good mids- decent bass, and mellow highs

but the 81 is good as well

but only if you have a good tube amp- or a hella expensive SS
Quote by tongue untied
^ depends- what type of guitar, wood, n soudnm yuou looking for

i liek the 85- cuz i liek good mids- decent bass, and mellow highs

but the 81 is good as well

but only if you have a good tube amp- or a hella expensive SS

I have an 81/60 combo and the 81 sounds fine through my roland cube - it is a tad lacking in character compared to the 60 but its pretty awesome.