Page 1 of 2
ok there is no way the drummer in dragonforce can play that fast for that long and he plays the songs differently live so i think they made inhuman rampage using a drum machine or they sped him up or something
or maybe youre a poor judge of talent?
Quote by fronkpies
Just search "japanese chicks with big fat dicks" on google and you'll see.
So explain to me how he did it when I saw them live....

And there's an ONLY Dragonforce thread

EDIT: just read that fully....and he plays just as fast live.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by COB4ever
ok there is no way the drummer in dragonforce can play that fast for that long and he plays the songs differently live so i think they made inhuman rampage using a drum machine or they sped him up or something

You don't listen to much death metal do you?
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
i hate metal, but he is one hell of a drummer. gotta be on something lmao i would be dead tired after half a song.
actually...i saw this thing on youtube, it had Herman playing a solo and they had a drum set with robotic tappers for the snare, bass, hi-hat, and toms. i dont know if they just do it for practice or what.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
i no its possible to play that fast but wen i saw it live he left some stuff out almost if he was like taking a break or something
ever heard of tim waterson?
“There’s only two ways to sum up music; either it’s good or it’s bad. If it’s good you don’t mess about it, you just enjoy it.” - Louie Armstrong
bLAH MORONS

drummers can do much greater things in a studio than they can live, ever heard of editing or just old fashion trying 100000000 times. And most drummers have incredible endurance and can play very fast for long periods of time "Duh".

Edit: also when in the studio they can take breaks inbetween songs / riffs so its no like theyre given er for an hour strait
Quote by deadmansdiary
bLAH MORONS

drummers can do much greater things in a studio than they can live, ever heard of editing or just old fashion trying 100000000 times. And most drummers have incredible endurance and can play very fast for long periods of time "Duh".

Thank you
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

Quote by COB4ever

hey, i agree with kirkinking (...or something like that) haven't you heard death metal?? or black metal??
Quote by COB4ever
i no its possible to play that fast but wen i saw it live he left some stuff out almost if he was like taking a break or something

If you were playing nonstop 16th notes at 250 BPM would you take breaks?
Quote by kirkisking
You don't listen to much death metal do you?

yea i do but i dont no any bands that play that fast for the whole album theres always a part where they slow down for a breakdown or something like that
Quote by COB4ever
yea i do but i dont no any bands that play that fast for the whole album theres always a part where they slow down for a breakdown or something like that

What death metal that you listen to has breakdowns?
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Buttloaves
If you were playing nonstop 16th notes at 250 BPM would you take breaks?

not if I wanted it to be non-stop.....
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by COB4ever

black dahlia murder, quo vadis, and strapping young lad are 3 examples that come to mind
well none of it really has breakdowns but the beat changes throughout the song. dragonforce has like that one really fast beat the whole time
did anyone look at the link i posted on the first page?
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by frenchyfungus
not if I wanted it to be non-stop.....

I was making a point that he may have been tired after playing ten 8 minute long songs with non-stop double bass drumming at like 6000 BPM.
yes it has a fast beat but its also a relatively simple sounding beat (to my untrained drum ear) when u get into bands like quo vadis and black dahlia murder those guys are really giving it to all parts on the drumset so it requires alot more movement. I dont even know what im arguing about anymore but in summary its very possible for someone to play that fast but after seeing the drum machine it does seem sorta sketchy.
Quote by calebrocker
did anyone look at the link i posted on the first page?

it was broken.
“There’s only two ways to sum up music; either it’s good or it’s bad. If it’s good you don’t mess about it, you just enjoy it.” - Louie Armstrong
Quote by ChildofBodom
Cryptopsyyyyy....

Precisely

Anyways, it has become apperant that all of you are not aware of Drum Triggers. They make it much easier for drummers.
High 'Til I Die
Quote by COB4ever
ok there is no way the drummer in dragonforce can play that fast for that long

Of course he can.

Just takes practice and endurance.

Why is it so hard to believe?

And there are many drummers out there that are faster/better than him.
roar
i can blast/doublekick for 2+ hours before even breaking a sweat, i drum in jumpers for about the first hour so i can warm up, it's not really that big of a deal.
Threadstarter has obviously never heard any Cryptopsy or Berserker.
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

Quote by Ghoulhunter!
i can blast/doublekick for 2+ hours before even breaking a sweat, i drum in jumpers for about the first hour so i can warm up, it's not really that big of a deal.

how fast do you do it i agree with you that double kicking is easy when just doing like 16ths and crap but if you did it for 2 hours that neraly like to hours or running as fast as you can.
or maybe its just the way i double kick as i like run when i do it.
but yeah if you can do fast double kicking for 2 hours thats pretty insane.
Page 1 of 2