Ive been looking and looking for a good distortion/overdrive pedal that can be used for any type of music. Im looking for a pedal that would be good for Blink 182 Smashing pumpkins angels and airwaves and atreyu and many others.(i like a variety in music)
so does anyone know of a good pedal that can be used for all of these...im willing to pay around 100 bucks.
whats your amp? smashing pumpkins used a fuzz pedal i think... and blink 182 is completely different distortion than atreyu
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Maybe even some kind of modeling medal??

Im using a Behringer V-Amp LX210

i cant find all the right distortions i need

if i cant have all of this in one maybe i could get two...then i could go up to around 150 or so
Last edited by Averna_22 at Jul 2, 2006,
hmm..thats a modeling amp with all kinds of shiznit

Behringer V-AMPIRE LX210 Guitar Combo Amp Features:

32 authentic amp models

15 speaker cab simulations

16 multi-effects

2x60W true stereo operation with internal or external loudspeakers

125 memory locations, divided into 25 banks of 5 presets each

Intuitive rotary controls with dedicated LED indicators

Balanced stereo XLR DI Out with ground lift and switchable Ultra-G speaker simulation

Pre-DSP send/return for dry recording and wet monitoring

Super-precise adjustable autochromatic tuner
Dual footswitch

if you can't find something on that amp... get a new one? my brain hurts
Quote by yorkshireterror
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by Averna_22
it may have a lot of stuff but the distortions are generally the same

well have you tryed mixing and matching the amp models and cabinets?

if so, i'd say a ds-2. sounds like a ds-1, flip a switch, and BAM! more gain. we need some experts in here though. you're tastes are VERY wide
Quote by yorkshireterror

i <3 breakdowns
i kind of want a pedal where you can adjust the speed and the depth and all of that good stuff

and yes my tastes are very wide but like i said i would be willing to buy two pedals
the boss metal zone has all kinds of knobs and gizmos to adjust anything, but they sound like ****, unless you want to mod it. though, i still don't know what they sound like after being modded
Quote by yorkshireterror

i <3 breakdowns
hmmm... well, there ok i guess. the thing is, you already have a modeling amp right? and those are modeling pedals right? your sound is going to sound so processed.....

but, i would get the digitech. or a new amp
Quote by yorkshireterror

i <3 breakdowns
boss metal zone...can go from blink to atreyu in a split second with the turn of the gain knob.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
What i was just gonna do is put it on a good clean neutral(sp?) setting and use that

I was also thinking about getting a fender and putting a good pedal on it and maybe in the future buy an effects board or something
Quote by xsynysterx06
boss metal zone...can go from blink to atreyu in a split second with the turn of the gain knob.

What about angels and airwaves or other bands like that with mild distortion?
pinkhaze, I'm sorry I clicked on the link and your sig. Maybe the singer should start practicing this pose.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
for blink 182-like distortion try the digitech don whatever's "the weapon". Then set the effect at the last one(turned completely right) then turn the 2 tone knobs all the way up (all the way right) and level can be anything. Use a stratocaster and run it to "the weapon" then to a marshall.

for another blink 182-like distortion, use a gibson les paul through a 120 watt crate amp. IT comes with 3 tiny effects(overdrive, distortion and reverb/chorus). On the part of the amp all the way to the left labeled "lead", turn gain and tone straight up then the rest can be anything. Then on the 3 stomp pedal thing that comes with the amp, click on the red and yellow one.