To the best of my knowledge, the pickup hooks up to a synthesizer for a synthetic (non-guitar) sound.
The Roland Ready strat hooks up to a Roland GR synthesizer to create synth sounds. Think of having all those different sounds in a keyboard/synth controlled by guitar.
I love them, almost as much as I love my analog synths.
Quote by DispsablePuppet
drill a hole in the side of your guitar, and make sweet love to the beautiful instrument. twice.

I dig the pretty colors in your eyes.
Quote by rearFender
The Roland Ready strat hooks up to a Roland GR synthesizer to create synth sounds. Think of having all those different sounds in a keyboard/synth controlled by guitar.
I love them, almost as much as I love my analog synths.

thats sweet...
but does it have like a normal guitar tone also? ill probably look into this...
^ Yeah you can build all different types of tones.
I think Steve Vai's demo "Essence" uses some freaky guitar tones.
There is a Bass/Guitar category on the GR-33, I'm not sure of whats in that though.
Quote by DispsablePuppet
drill a hole in the side of your guitar, and make sweet love to the beautiful instrument. twice.

I dig the pretty colors in your eyes.
the synth guitar thing is really cool.I'm became a jazz pianist in the guitar effects departments in guitar center then went to a shred saxaphonist
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Only thing is you get to invest a couple hundred more dollars in the actual synth unit after you pay for the guitar

They're incredibly fun, though.