how do they work... lets take 6/7 time... explain how i would play that
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
well, modes are completely different than time signatures.
Modes are like the feeling or emotion in your music, or different positions of scales.

But your question, how would you play in 6/7 time.
Well, the top number is 6, which means 6 beats in a measure.
the bottom note means which note gets 1 beat. In this case, which i dont think anybody could use, would be a 7th note, but there isnt a 7th note..

so basically your post doesnt make sense
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

wow im stupid

ok so i mean time sigs... how do you play in 6/4 time (i know i have seen this time before)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Normally you play relaxed, with an instrument. Often a guitar, holding a plectrum, or finger picking. For most people the left hand fingers the chords/notes.

That's pretty much how you play in any time signature.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
^Be nice....

latinosuperstud: Please use the search function or make the question more specific. It is broad and ambiguous.
Looking for my India/Django.
For clarification for anyone who thought that 6/4 was 6 quarter beats in a bar, you are wrong. It is in fact 3 half beats in a bar, its in Compound Time.

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Quote by notoriousnumber
For clarification for anyone who thought that 6/4 was 6 quarter beats in a bar, you are wrong. It is in fact 3 half beats in a bar, its in Compound Time.

Wouldn't three half notes be 3/2 time?

Or were you screwing around?
6/4 is definitely 6 quarter notes. You generally hear it, write it, and play it as two halves each in three.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God

Then surely 6/8 would be 6 eighth notes, its not, its 2 dotted quarter notes. Its because its in Compound Time, like I said.

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
^ By your original logic, 6/8 would be 3 quarter notes, not two dotted quarters... that is of course, since in 6/4 which is also compound, it's obviously not two dotted half notes, but instead three half notes?

6/8 is, indeed, actually 6 8th notes. Again, the metric division is by three, and you hear it as two halves of a measure -- hence why a dotted quarter note is so common as the total of three 8th notes.

Regardless of what the part's largest grouping is (quarter, dotted quarter, dotted half, whole, or whatever), it's the note value marked in the time signature that is the basic unit of measurement, not the duration of the pulse.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God