Just wanted to share how i got my amazing tone. Its like a modern, mid cut crunch, not to much gain but lots of sustain, similar to Queen's Fat bottom girls.

I use the tubescreamer and the DS-1 at the same time, this creates my thicker sound with sustain and depth without the excess gain.

AMP: Peavy Classic 30(all tube)

- clean channel, bass(12) mid(0) Treb(12) (12 meaning full)

Zoom 606 Multi Fx Pedal

- eq set to 50, which scoops the mids and adds bass and treble
- Stack amp simulator
- compression set to 5

Boss DS-1

- Tone(9:30) Level(Full) Dist(Lowest)

TubeScreamer

- Tone(3:00) Level(12:00) Dist(Lowest)

Hope this helps anyone who happens to have these pedals or the likeand whats to experiment to find their tone.

Feel free to post ur tones as well

Marc,
um, not to be rude, but how do we know what that sounds like if we don't have that exact setup? how do we know its so amazing without a clip of you playing?
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Yea... I think a sound clip would make this thread a little more complete. And a little more specific with amp gain, your zoom effect pedal Stack gain setting, mid, bass, and treble.
true, im just sharing, thought itd be fun mabye others could tell how they got their tones too
scooped mids sound like **** dude.
the downfall of UG...........

Quote by obey_yourmaster
Who the heck is Ronnie James Dio? I vote Bruce
!

Quote by pawnluv
true, im just sharing, thought itd be fun mabye others could tell how they got their tones too

well in that case, i have a twin reverb. sparkling cleans, with more bass than anything for a phat tone. i use a modded blues driver for more of a (you guess it) dirty blues tone. i use a modded rat for a much warmer, santana-esque tone. either pedal can be used as a clean boost for natural tube overdrive (but damn, twin's are hard to get natural overdrive)
Quote by yorkshireterror
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
yea scooped mids do sound pretty bad unless its metal and distorted, and this is a cleanish setting with no mids which must be a very thin sounding setting.
its really not that scooped, my amp has tones of mids to begin with, once again the closest tone i can think of to mine is in Queens fat bottomed girls, the heaviest of the guitars

edit

and with the compression and using the two pedals at once, its actually not thin at all
Quote by pawnluv
its really not that scooped, my amp has tones of mids to begin with, once again the closest tone i can think of to mine is in Queens fat bottomed girls, the heaviest of the guitars

edit

and with the compression and using the two pedals at once, its actually not thin at all

no matter how middy your amp is, its still gonna be scooped if you turn them all the way off. turn them up! my mids are higher then anything on all 3 channels on my triple x head and i cut through, and my sound is full not hollow and tinny.

and theres NO WAY you're getting a brian may esque tone with no mids. don't kid yourself
Originally posted by Phoenixblade
you're an asshole.
oh. since we are sharing, i will tlak about my tone lol. i use a washburn wi64 with stock pups plugged directly into my carvin sx200c. my dirty channel is as follows (numbers, not "o'clock"): drive-7, bass-7, mids-5, treble-10, presence-8.5. i use delay with my dirty channel at about 250-350 (cant remember lol) milliseconds with the volume of it at about 4. my clean channel is: bass-6, mids-7.5,treble-5.5, presence-10. i either use the same delay with my cleans as i do with my dirty, or i use chorus. not sure how to explain all of the parameters of it, but its level is about 7. it sounds great when i play some disturbed, in flames, pantera (not dimes tone, but it fits well), godsmack etc.
the downfall of UG...........

Quote by obey_yourmaster
Who the heck is Ronnie James Dio? I vote Bruce
!

and theres NO WAY you're getting a brian may esque tone with no mids. don't kid yourself

just in that one song, Fat bottomed girls, the heaviest guitar tone sounded very similar to mine,
ahh yes guitars. i have a les paul standard. gibson, that is
Quote by yorkshireterror

i <3 breakdowns
the zoom absolutely kills the tube tone you would get from the classic...why even bother?
Quote by pawnluv

just in that one song, Fat bottomed girls, the heaviest guitar tone sounded very similar to mine,

brian may always had a very middy guitar tone. in every song. period. scooped mids don't sound heavy either. put them in a band setting and watch the guitar sound disappear. thats exactly whats going to happen.
Originally posted by Phoenixblade
you're an asshole.
The Zoom is used pretty much just to eq and compress, the stack simulator pretty much just adds some low end, thickens it up a bit. Its not like im using its distortion.