Yea I think danelectro makes a sitar effect, also the digitech dan donegan "the weapon" pedal has a sitar effect but I'd only get the dan donegan pedal if you are going to use the other effects on it to.
I think that Digitech makes a pedal called "the Weapon" based of of Dan Donegans effects. I believe it has a Sitar on it and the pedal costs maybe about a hundred or a little less. It sounds okay, but nothing compares to the real thing.

Edit: i posted to late so i didn't see the other response.
The Adults Are Talking.
Quote by Zeppelin08
Yea I think danelectro makes a sitar effect, also the digitech dan donegan "the weapon" pedal has a sitar effect but I'd only get the dan donegan pedal if you are going to use the other effects on it to.

yeah i know about the digitech pedal, thats too much for a sitar effect cause thats probally all id use on it. and im not to sure about the danelectro effect. anyone know if theyre is anything else cause danelectro is problly the worst pedals ever made.
I know rogue makes an electric sitar for around $300 bucks that may be a better idea then trying to buy a sitar pedal, I just read some reviews of the danelectro sitar pedal on harmony central.com and apparantly the danelectro sitar pedal suck really bad so I wouldn't waste $100 on one, my adice is go for the real thing and buy the rogue sitar. It would be better to spend $300 on something you can use rather then spend 100 on something you can't.
Flanger with a dying battery. You can get adapters that will set the amount of power going in to replicate the sound consistently.

And don't bash Dano till you've tried ALL of them (though I will admit some, especially the sitar one, suck donkey balls). Metal enclosures and big price tags don't mean automatic tone
Quote by markom89
Flanger with a dying battery. You can get adapters that will set the amount of power going in to replicate the sound consistently.

And don't bash Dano till you've tried ALL of them (though I will admit some, especially the sitar one, suck donkey balls). Metal enclosures and big price tags don't mean automatic tone

i know but every danelectro pedal ive tried either sucked more then pamalia anderson or it astuclly broke when i stepped on it to activate it, which sucked cause then i had to pay for it, thank god theyre cheap
Heh........ Use a high output neck pickup ....... through a clean channel (no chorus !!!)....... set your guitar action VERY Low so that it would create FRETBUZZ in every fret !!!

The buzzing will create a sitar-ish sound........

It won't completely replicate the sound but.......... it'll save you 300 bucks !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Just think about it, how often are you really gonna' use a sitar effect? Just save yourself the money and leave it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yep !! It's like installing a synth pickup............. Aren't you gonna miss your original overdriven tone ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by bluespunkmetal
Heh........ Use a high output neck pickup ....... through a clean channel (no chorus !!!)....... set your guitar action VERY Low so that it would create FRETBUZZ in every fret !!!

The buzzing will create a sitar-ish sound........

It won't completely replicate the sound but.......... it'll save you 300 bucks !!

That is the dumbest thing . Why would you set the action low enough to create fret buzz. Yea, you may get a somewhat sitar sound, but you wont be able to play the guitar regular until you fix the action. He will be in a gig, he starts the song with his action low for the sitar sound, he plays for 30 seconds, he says ok guys hold on I have to fix the action, that takes him 5-10 minutes, thne he says, ok lets resume the song.

Peace anyway haha
i read an easier way to a sitar sound (found this in the One Way Ticket tab), you need a wah pedal and start in the toe down (treble) posistion and then slowly go to the heel posistion (bass).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009

There's a schematic for a Jawari pedal, the bridge of a sitar that creates the buzzing. If you feel like building one.