Yea, its me again.

anyway i am wondering what would be best to boost my amps distortion, a ts9dx tubescreamer or some sort of distortion pedal. I cant try the OD pedal though because it isnt sold here. I am afraid that its going to make the amp sound less distorted and sound more like a lighter rock type sound. I want a heavey gainyer sound. What would be the best one to get a even heavery sound on my TUBE amps gain channel. THX
the distortion pedal will suck your tone, unless it's like a ds-1. the tubescreamer should do a good job
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Get an OD pedal since you have a tube amp. It will make the overdrive/gain more natural and sound better. If you have a tube amp, you want the amp to shine, and an OD pedal will help this.
i'n not sure how much gain the XXX has, but i'm sure the there will be more than enough. still, get a second opinion
Quote by yorkshireterror
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
what od pedal cant you try? go to a guitar store and try all sorts of od pedals, that would be my best advice. The settings you have on your amp may have to change to accomodate the new tone youre looking for.

IMO, the best thing is to get an OD pedal. Distortion pedals MAY add too much gain to your amp. The tubescreamer is a good lead tone to top your amp off, i find it gives a lot of mid boost, but thats just my experience. Best place to start and using your own ears, but definitly go try stuff out before you buy it if you are afraid of buying the wrong thing,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Distortion pedals dont sound good with an amp's overdrive. They arent meant to be used with an amp's distortion. ODs are definatley meant to be used with an amp's overdrive.
I would like to go and try them but the nearest guitar store to me is 500km away, and also ARK says that the tubescreamer boosts your midrange, well i have my mids scooped, they are actaully at 0. I want to get the heavyest sound i can get from the amp. I am so far aiming toward the ts9dx, if that dont happen, then the digitech metal master, or a boss product.
get the tubescreamer. im telling you. the digitech metal master, or the boss metal zone will give off all kinds of feedback when you add your amp's gain. the tubescreamer will boost the gain harder. the metal distortions will add their own distortion to your amps distortion and try to add them together. since they are different sounding distortions (the amp and the metal distortion) the two added distortions will be totally different sounds that are mixed together making it sound like crap and feedback. the overdrive wont be adding its own distortion, but making your amp's distortion heavier and harder.

^--that might help you understand more
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
get the tubescreamer. im telling you. the digitech metal master, or the boss metal zone will give off all kinds of feedback when you add your amp's gain. the tubescreamer will boost the gain harder. the metal distortions will add their own distortion to your amps distortion and try to add them together. since they are different sounding distortions (the amp and the metal distortion) the two added distortions will be totally different sounds that are mixed together making it sound like crap and feedback. the overdrive wont be adding its own distortion, but making your amp's distortion heavier and harder.

^--that might help you understand more

amen brother
Quote by yorkshireterror

i <3 breakdowns
^ i understand perfect now, thanks, also just to let you know. MY amp gives off crazy feedback(gain knob at its highest). I am wondering if the decimator will get rid of it because i am thinking of getting one in the future.
Quote by mega_tallica
^ i understand perfect now, thanks, also just to let you know. MY amp gives off crazy feedback(gain knob at its highest). I am wondering if the decimator will get rid of it because i am thinking of getting one in the future.

Thanks. I finally realized how to explain that so im happy. . The decimator will help get rid of the feedback. But another reason for the feedback could be a bad cable, or a certain type of light/electronic in the room. Cell phones can give wierd feedback, as can some kinds of lights. Maybe try to turn off the light in the room and play, and see if you still get the feedback.
Nah it dont help i tried it, id say its my cable since it was my fathers old one and its 20years old. I had to solder it alot to. I guess i will be gettin a good planet waves cable when i get the CFH wah. Thanks for the info. Also my cell phone is way away from my amp.
yea, well my current list of items to get in the future is

MXR 10 band equilizer
CFH wah
ISP decimator
TS9DX tube screamer
GOOD CABLES
JACKSON RR3 or RR1
its dimebag darrels crybaby from hell wah, its a very good versatile wah. you can get a incredable amount of different types of sounds out of it.
yea, i got a homemade pedal board made for when they come in, ill post pics in a few months of it, also i might also get a boss dd-20 delay pedal.