i dunno if this is in the right forum or not...but anyway...in t he Ultimate settings thead"..alot of the settings had the Gain up around 7 8 9 or 10...or around there...on my amp, my gain acts as my volume? on my amp i have like 10 or 11 knobs, lets say 3 or 4 on the "clean side" and 6 or 7 on the "mean" side...should i use the mean side sinec it has more options...whats this for?...am i retarded?

and if t his doesnt make any sense, ill try and clarify it a little. I'm tired ok.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

What amp do you have, your description is a little misleading.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
its a Samick LA40R, its like 10-15 years old my guess...but i have no idea...it DOES have 10 knobs, 4 for the "Clean" side and 6 for the "Mean"

EDIT: i always thought that the Mean side was only for overdrive..but it has an actual volume knob and other things, so maybe i should be using that, but its always a distorted overdriven sound i get when i use it...so...?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

ok the voume on the MEAN side is the volume for the overdrive.... the volume for the clean is the volume for the clean. and turn the gain up.

when did you start playing guitar, anyway? i just want to know.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
well since your not answering your own thread i am forced to double post....
if you DONT want disortion, turn down the volume on the MEAN side. if you do want disortion, turn up the volume on mean side. nd if you want volume on clean, do the same thing just on the clean side. just mess around with your amp. have fun with it..... if its got like 10 knobs its got to have effects. and i dont htink anybody can give you help on the HUGE world of effects.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
haha sorry guys, it was like 12:30 at night here, so i went to bed, its now the next day and i just remembered about this thread now..so anyway, i dunno, ive been playing maybe 2 years?...2 and a half?...and im not asking abouit the distortion settings and ****, i already know all that but nevermind, i figured it all out anyway, thanks guys
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn