Alright, I've heard about people playing their guitars through regular speakers, as well as amps, I wanted to know how to do this. I have a DigiTech GNX4, it has XLR i/o ports, with the Amp i/o ports. It says that the XLR ports are for speaker systems, but I might be wrong. The ports however, arent like the audio out port on my speakers. Do I need to buy a special cord, or am I getting this completely wrong. Please, don't flame me for not knowing this, I'm not a noob, just don't know much about Speakers. Please, I need help.
The XLR outs are for sending directly to the mixing board,,,which is then in turn sent to a power amp and then to PA speakers,,,,,You might be able to send it straight to speakers with the regular output that you use to go to the amp,,,but I'm not sure if you'll get much, if any sound. I think you should get some since you can run most effects pedals straight into headphones.

EDIT: XLR cables are microphone cables in case you didnt know.
oh, alright, thanks. I seriously had no clue about this, so that helped. Would it work to put the audio out jack into the headphones, or does that kill the sound coming from it? Sorry, im not home right now, so I can't try these things out.
The audio out jack from the GNX?,,,Do you mean sending to an amp and headphones at the same time? I'm not sure,,,,I dont have any experience with the GNX's,,,,I used to have an RPX-400 or something like that,,,,I don't remember how many outputs it had.
Quote by rokket2005
The audio out jack from the GNX?,,,Do you mean sending to an amp and headphones at the same time? I'm not sure,,,,I dont have any experience with the GNX's,,,,I used to have an RPX-400 or something like that,,,,I don't remember how many outputs it had.

yeah, i was told I was able to do that. The GNX4 has got all sorts of crazy things, I also read in the manual that you could send it to a PA system, would that be like speakers?

/n00biness
Quote by n00btacular
yeah, i was told I was able to do that. The GNX4 has got all sorts of crazy things, I also read in the manual that you could send it to a PA system, would that be like speakers?

/n00biness

The PA system would be speakers indeed.