Does anyone have a link to someone doing this at youtube or google or something?
I've never actually seen someone do this and I'm not even sure how it's possible...

Thanks
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

It is possible, I can do it as well as my dad.

As for youtube or google, try looking for Hendrix or Stevie Ray Vaughan doing it, as they're the only two famous people I can recall seeing doing it.
You can do it, its not that hard. Look for zakk wylde, he does it a lot, I almost got it on video but he started playing with his teeth once the camera turned on.
Do u mean like putting it backwards behind your head, if that wat u mean just flip it over ur head and if u keep practicing ull be able to learn a lick playing behind u. Thats wat I did.
I mean like this ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7H3gV1qfVA&search=guitar%2C%20behind%20
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
i can play behind my head
it's easy as anything. the first time i popped a guitar behind my head, i ripped off a few riffs easy. it is hard to slide up and down the fret board behind your head though...
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

watch the "Lip gloss and black" video by atreyu, during the solo the bass and rythm guitarist play behind their back in front of the drummer. at least i think its the bass and rythm
K, what you do is undo the strap on the butt of the guitar, put your guitar behind your back while keeping the strap on the shoulder, then do up the strap again. It's easy.
Quote by keeponrockin
K, what you do is undo the strap on the butt of the guitar, put your guitar behind your back while keeping the strap on the shoulder, then do up the strap again. It's easy.

what?
I can play all the Johnny Cash riffs and solos behind my head
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600

Well that kind of works but then you have to hold the guitar out behind your back and that detracts from almost all of your playing
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP

It's really easy to do. I can play super mario behind my head on one foot, Som1 dared me to and i got $50 out of it.
MY GEAR

Cort G200 Strat Copy
Epi SG Deluxe (hand-made)
Washburn Dreadnaught Acoustic
Behringer GMX210
Laney HCM10
Zoom GFX-707
Behringer UM100
Behringer TO800
Crybaby Wah
Yea check for Zakk Wylde. I got to see BLS in concert and there is nothing like seeing him do it in person. Simply Amazing!!
Quote by rockr09
watch the "Lip gloss and black" video by atreyu, during the solo the bass and rythm guitarist play behind their back in front of the drummer. at least i think its the bass and rythm

actually its the lead and bass the rythm is the one that flips his guitar before the guitar solo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzY0b14mWhU&search=atreyu theres the video

edit: my bad the original quote is correct, my eyes are too shoddy
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Jul 4, 2006,
I've never actually tried but I know it's do able. Hendrix did it a few times apparently and I saw that youtube vid ealier where the guy did it.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Cal UK
I've never actually tried but I know it's do able. Hendrix did it a few times apparently and I saw that youtube vid ealier where the guy did it.

Yep, if you are jimi hendrix, alot of things become do-able! ;-)
-Epiphone Riviera w/ Bigsby and Gibson 490r/498t combo
-Epiphone Es-333 Delonge Edition
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
so when someone says "behind the back" do they really mean "behind the head" or is it something completely different?
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP

Quote by keeponrockin

Quote by Jimmy94
it's different. Let me see if I can find a stevie ray video where he plays behind his back.

here you go, perfect example of what you're looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SGGiO9_Zq4

The first quote explains how to do it, the second quote shows it in action.
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
I can play the intro to Crazy Train like that, but nothing else. Arms are to short for it, they need to be very long to do a good solo.
Dickless.