hey all! i just got myself an epiphone zakk wylde buzzsaw!

anyway, i wana know how to restring my guitar the way zakk wylde and slash do it. (eg, wrapping it arnd the tailbar to increase sustain the way classical strings are tied.) i tried using the search function but i still couldn't find anything abt it. hope you guys can help!
Last edited by nawawa at Jul 2, 2006,
well idk how to do it.

BUT YOU HAVE A KICKASS GUITAR!
ilovethem.
they play just how they look.
beautiful.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Instead of sending the strings from the tailpiece straight up to the tuners, send them backwards first underneath the holes in tailpiece and then wrap it over the tailpiece and into the saddles.
well, how you normally would do it, except put the string through the tailpiece the other way and wrap it around.
i didnt know they strung their guitars that way... that sounds pretty cool ill have to check that out. keep me posted so when somebody DOES help, ill know more...

EDIT: ^those 2 posts above me wernt there when i posted. so yeah.... THANKD GUYS...
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
You run the string in through the opposite way you would normally do, so that when you run the string up the neck, the string wraps around the tailpiece.
Quote by grimreaper65
Har har har. Go stuff your panties with toads and then masturbate.

Ahh, I love the Pit.

Quote by SilentDeftone
I don't need to report you, I can just ban you instead.

-SD

Owned!
well instead of putting them throu facing the pickups put them through the tail the other way towards the strap button and then over the tail piece on the saddles and into the tuners. i hope thatmakes sence
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
do u guys have pics on it? i saw a thread a long time ago that had pics on this.
While that is how it looks, that Junior has to be string like that since the tailpiece is also the bridge and there are no saddles.

EDIT: Actually thats a Melody Maker, isn't it. I think so.

EDIT: To MastaBass, I strung my Les Paul like this and it did seem to have more sustain, I haven't timed it or anything like that, but it does seem slightly beneficial.
Last edited by rokket2005 at Jul 3, 2006,
Quote by MastaBassist10
Does it really make that ,uch of a difference?

I tried it once. no i saw no difference. it messed my low e string up though. when id play a note on the low e, it would sound like ****, not ring at all and just more or less sound like a buzz or something.
yeah does it affect the tone or sustain or even playability?
Quote by miss_MURDER
I tried it once. no i saw no difference. it messed my low e string up though. when id play a note on the low e, it would sound like ****, not ring at all and just more or less sound like a buzz or something.

Do you have a 2 peice?
you have to drop the bridge pretty low to keep the tension on the saddles,

i think it makes a big difference, especially on sustain and longevity of the strings.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
yeah thats the standard way of putting them in...

this isnt too complex. next time you chane your strings, put them in the OPPOSITE way and bring them AROUND the bridge and string as you normally would. use the pics i posted for reference.
my friend is a big slash fan so i strung his guitar that way for him and when i played i thought it was more comfortable and it really helps bending. im kinda pissed that i did it though because now i know how it feels and want to do it but i have a thru body.
Go get your shovel.

there you go. i think the sustain and everything is still the same. its all up to preferences.
Just a thought, wont that cause a lot of unnecessary tension where the string is bent to almost 180 degrees?
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
not really, the whole point of this style is to reduce downward tension on the string making it easier to bend.
Go get your shovel.
^and it reduces the chances of the strings breaking at the saddle,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
i'm doing this as i restring my lespaul right now, but the strings seem to go out of tune very easily..

i'm thinking i should lower the part of the bridge with the big screws (sorry i dunno the actual term) and maybe that'll work?

from what i can tell though, yes it does increase sustain and makes bending a **** load easier