So my band is a five piece metalcore/hardcore band and we played our first show friday in front of forty or fifty people. I'm the frontman and I do all the screaming and lyric writing and some song writing. We got alot of complements on the show even tho I know I didn't do as good as I usually do because everyone thats heard me do screaming things I'm really good. The lead guitarist in the band and I were just talkign and I said that I think it's better to start writing like 3 more songs because we only have 4 because he wants to play small shows for our friends. He got really defense and started criticizing my preformance. This is the convo from AIM minus his S/n.

Me: we need to do more work so we can have a better, tighter set then we can relax.
Him: well then y didnt u do ur job
Him: cause every1 said ur part was the only part that needed work
Him: so0 get on it
Him: and quit bitching

So I'm unbeliebley hurt, offended and pissed because he's supposed to be one of my best friends. Everyone complemented my performance and said I did okay and they gave me some constructive criticism which I love. But that was so uncalled for. I never criticize his guitar playing which is constantly lacking. I really wanna destroy his face. What do you think?
The Adults Are Talking.
well take his and advice and improve and then shove it down his throat... and tell him what you see wrong with his playing....and use all you know about musical theory to win the fight
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
you both should get better at what you do. problem solved
check out my horse. my horse is amazing.
I think you two should work it out. There's no reason to start or continue a fight, which he started obvious and you would be continuing, because that can cause confusion and tension between you two that can lead to bad **** happening. So I think you should confront him but not be an asshole about it, even though he was.

Believe me, I know some **** because I've been in several bands with assfaces, fighting never works.
Dude, it sounds like you need to cry on someone's shoulder. Don't expect sympathy from others. That's what women do. Either leave the band, kick his ass, or quit bitching. Be a man and don't whine in forums.
Last edited by ATL_420 at Jul 3, 2006,
Getting in a hissy fit with each other wont solve or help anything, get your stuff tighter and keep working at it until you can do what latino said lol.
wow
this is a touchy subject
i mean, you were perfectly right to want to write more songs
seriously
and hes totally wrong for flippin out on you
and wow, you know, if he does it again, tell him he can shut the **** up, or orally satisfy a herpes ridden mountain goat

^i saw that on someones sig, but nonetheless, tis a great quote
Quote by azn_guitarist25
what music do you play? what amp do you maily use? how much you willing to spend? what country do you live in?

Quote by timi_hendrix
You forgot "asl?"

Quote by @zzasin
You want me dead cause I don't share your opinion?

I bet my life savings your an American..
Quote by ATL_420
Dude, it sounds like you need to cry on someone's shoulder. Don't expect sympathy from others. That's what women do. Either leave the band, kick his ass, or quit bitching. Be a man and don't whine in forums.

You're an idiot, you know nothing about being in a band.
dont comecryin tome bitch. the lead guitarist, no matter how up himself he is, is always right.ok???????
now go see your mummy
hey man, everyone already thinks i am an idiot. i dont ****in care if you start up on me.
you like some gaymusic by the way
I love how some of you guys can be such douche bags. I just wanted some opinions from people that weren't ready to kick someones ass. So thanks to everyone that isn't a complete dickwad. And lead guitarists are arrogant ****s more than half the time.
The Adults Are Talking.
Just because your in a band doesn't mean you're the ****ing king of information of bands. you obviously didn't read his ****ing post correctly you dumb ****. Go the **** back to college.

And Broken Strings, post more than 6 and you'll understsand good music ****in asshole. I bet you're emo or some weirdo ****ing bull****.
^ not to bad , but it says its just you, hence meaning youre not in a band.

EDIT:meant for ATL
Quote by demonspeeding05
I love how some of you guys can be such douche bags. I just wanted some opinions from people that weren't ready to kick someones ass. So thanks to everyone that isn't a complete dickwad. And lead guitarists are arrogant ****s more than half the time.

I know they can be, I'm one myself. But honesty is the key in any situation. If you don't like something he's doing then tell him. And if he criticizes you about you're preformance be able to take it and learn from what he has to say.
I could take it if he put it nicely ...but i think he's just saying it outta spite because lately it's like he's been on his rag. So i'm trying to cool off before he comes back online. cause i don't wanna be yelling on the phone late at night.
The Adults Are Talking.
Quote by distilledspirit
Just because your in a band doesn't mean you're the ****ing king of information of bands. you obviously didn't read his ****ing post correctly you dumb ****. Go the **** back to college.

And Broken Strings, post more than 6 and you'll understsand good music ****in asshole. I bet you're emo or some weirdo ****ing bull****.

yo bro, I did read his post and it sounded so sappy that i just had to be truthful. There's plenty of guitarists out there and if you can't get along with them, what's the point of being in a band to begin with?
Quote by ATL_420

Well was that a real mature way to put that?
sappy. **** YOU. excuse me for having feelings ****face. Screaming is tough and it messes with your confidence when someone is a bitch like that. Especially since he's a really close friend. why don't you stop tryign to act like a macho ass hole and act like you actually have a soul. or maybe your boyfriend pulled that outta you along with his dick. mm.

Edit: ok. that was harsh. but i'm leaving it because your just stupid.
The Adults Are Talking.
Last edited by demonspeeding05 at Jul 3, 2006,
Quote by demonspeeding05
sappy. **** YOU. excuse me for having feelings ****face. Screaming is tough and it messes with your confidence when someone is a bitch like that. Especially since he's a really close friend. why don't you stop tryign to act like a macho ass hole and act like you actually have a soul. or maybe your boyfriend pulled that outta you along with his dick. mm.

jesus! you sound like my ex on her rag.
Quote by OrderedChaos
^ not to bad , but it says its just you, hence meaning youre not in a band.

EDIT:meant for ATL

dude, currently, I am not in a band but have played in several. As you can see in the picture for the song, I'm not playing solo.
listen man. you don't need to make up stories about your imaginary girlfriend here. i'm sure you live a fine life outta your moms basement. so shut the hell up and go back to playing dungeons and dragons. didn't you read the part where ti says "the adults are talking" down there V ?
The Adults Are Talking.
Quote by demonspeeding05
listen man. you don't need to make up stories about your imaginary girlfriend here. i'm sure you live a fine life outta your moms basement. so shut the hell up and go back to playing dungeons and dragons. didn't you read the part where ti says "the adults are talking" down there V ?

"The adults are talking" Dude! you're still a minor. You can second guess the credability of what I say (I don't care), but what I said is true. Quit just trying to call me immature and macho just because you sounded like you were crying about your boyfriend guitarist. Take off your eye liner, quit crying, and deliver a semi- logical heterosexual statement and you won't look like such a woman
Last edited by ATL_420 at Jul 3, 2006,
wow. you have to be the stupidest most arrogant, stereotyping, "look at me trying to act tough by mocking people in the forums" loser i've ever met. It's good to know that there is one more person in the world i'm better than. May God have mercy on your soul.
The Adults Are Talking.
Dude, I'm not mocking anyone. Advise about a problem was asked and I gave a truthful response. Kids like you think everyone's an asshole just because they open your eyes to the truth that you can't exept. Men are not emotional and should never whine to other men about another guy. Re-read your opening statement, you're whining. You prove it in the lead guitarist's response "quit bitching" You obviously have been whining enough to where even your friend had to set you straight. I'm not being arrogent, I'm just fighting against a future generation of sissy men.
I have an idea, how about we don't have stupid fights that do nothing but make us pissed off and look like assholes how about you either do

a)See his post, say "I want to help this guy" and type something that'll help him with his problem

or

b)See his post and say, "I don't want to help this guy" and not type anything and leave the thread

May there be peace in the forums.
Raoul Duke: There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us.

Dr. Gonzo: Shoot it.

Raoul Duke: Not yet, I want to study its habits.
ATL maybe it's people like you that are the reason this world is so ****ing screwed. If people were more understanding there wouldn't be war and deaths over pointless ****. Excuse me for valuing friendship and trying to be a good person. So if your gonna act like a demoralized piece of **** go do it in another thread.
The Adults Are Talking.
Dude, just take this as constructive wisdom (you don't have to and that's cool). A band is a relationship and if egos are becoming overwhelming at a small level, the band will cause more stress than joy. If your friends comment really got to you, then maybe he is right. You asked for his opinion and he gave it to you honestly. Whining and contradicting his constructive criticizm puts you way out of line. If you were a bad ass vocalist and knew it then his comments would mean little to you.
My suggestion : either play better, challenge him to a guitar battle, tell him to STFU, kick him out of your band, kick his ass, leave the band, or just ignore it. There are many options. If I were u I would just tell him to STFU
Just say to him, "okay so what part do I need to work on". If he gives you some stupid answer like: "everything" then you know he's being a dick and didn't like you suggesting writing more songs, maybe he saw it as a personal attack. I think you have a right to feel a little bit wounded after a response like that...it wasn't constructive after all, just sounded like a stroppy kid to be honest.

EDIT: ^x2 Where did he ask for the guitarists opinion?
Quote by broken_strings
dont comecryin tome bitch. the lead guitarist, no matter how up himself he is, is always right.ok???????
now go see your mummy

wow. YOU are a douchebag. just because hes the "lead guitarist" does NOT and NEVER means hes always right. I AM A LEAD GUITARIST! am i right all the time? god no. not all of the time. Look, bands are groups, so you guys gotta talk it over about what you should do or what you think of something, till you reach a settlment. You cant just argue all the time, and it WILL show on stage, believe me.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
what music do you play? what amp do you maily use? how much you willing to spend? what country do you live in?

Quote by timi_hendrix
You forgot "asl?"

Quote by @zzasin

Quote by ATL_420
"The adults are talking" Dude! you're still a minor. You can second guess the credability of what I say (I don't care), but what I said is true. Quit just trying to call me immature and macho just because you sounded like you were crying about your boyfriend guitarist. Take off your eye liner, quit crying, and deliver a semi- logical heterosexual statement and you won't look like such a woman

Quote by azn_guitarist25

Quote by timi_hendrix
You forgot "asl?"

Quote by @zzasin

is it a possibility that he was actually being a good friend and everybody else was just being "nice" to you....

and u should always tell someone if they are lacking...thats the only way to improve, hell either buck up his ideas and get on with what hes supposed to do, or throw a hissy fit and youll know he shouldnt be in the band....

just take this into consideration...ask him what u did wrong, if he tells you wot, then you can improve it, if he cant, then hes just being a dick