Hello:

Okay lately I been really practicing riffs and scales but only at a certain tempo. Only fast. If I play any slower I begin to mess up and sound sloppy, it's as if my brain is not keeping up with my hands.

Please tell me whats wrong. this is very frustraiting.
Sounds like you need to practice playing more slower things.
Quote by grimreaper65
Har har har. Go stuff your panties with toads and then masturbate.

Ahh, I love the Pit.

Quote by SilentDeftone
I don't need to report you, I can just ban you instead.

-SD

Owned!
woah, my brother had this problem... u either have turrets or ADD
Quote by evh77
woah, my brother had this problem... u either have turrets or ADD

Do not listen to that person... O_o I think he's kidding but if he's being serious, don't pay attention. Highly doubt it's that.

I have this problem upon occasion (only been playing for a month or two) when I'm doing, say, a punk rock song... really getting into it, going quite fast, and then I suddenly stop and do some picking for the verse (for example). My theory is it's the adrenaline rush and suddenly trying to settle down and slow down. You'll grow out of it as I've already begun to.

edit: btw, "turrets" is a syndrome where you randomly and uncontrolably shout out ****! bastard!! BITCH, etc...
Quote by Bad Analogy #1
She grew on him like she was a colony of
E. Coli, and he was
room-temperature Canadian beef.

Quote by Bad Analogy #2
It was an American tradition, like
fathers chasing kids around with
power tools.
Quote by Disarming Smile
edit: btw, "turrets" is a syndrome where you randomly and uncontrolably shout out ****! bastard!! BITCH, etc...

...amongst other things. Also in milder forms you may only twitch your arms or muscles in your face (As in make funny faces, stick your tongue out, etc.).

To the threadstarter: Try using a metronome, and from now on, try learning riffs at a slower-than-original speed. Then when you get it down clean and with ease, speed it up.
Try going REAL slow, concentrating on exactly what your hands are doing.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Happens to me sometimes. I think the problem is that when your trying to play something really slow your concentrating too hard on it and you make mistakes. Just make sure your relaxed.
You need to slow down and concentrate. I think one of the things that throws people off when practicing slow is the timing. I would reccomend learning the time of the notes and playing it slowly to a metronome.
Quote by tryhardslash
and plus you like blink 182 which prooves you are dumb and have no taste in music

you just follow trends

What a tard...
Thanks guys.

I really appretiate it. I think i'm just tring too hard and tense up a bit.