Alright, so I was fooling around with different tunings on my guitar and I found that if I dropped the A to a G, the B to an F and the high E to a B, it sounds really cool. I've written some grungy acoustic (think 'Nirvana Unplugged') stuff on it, and it makes some really weird scales if you use patterns from standard tuning (Eadgbe) on it. My only question is; What chord is made up of the notes EGdgfb? Also, is it bad for my guitar to be changing tunings all around back and forth (I mean all strings change, not just a dropped D). Thanks!

-Daniel M. White
1 b3 b7 b3 b2 5 in E = Em7b9. The basic phrygian chord. Phrygian is one of the more "exotic" mdoes.

Changing tunings a lot can be detrimental to string life. I find that I break them easier when I do this... most pros have different guitars with different tunings, permanently. It also affects action, depending on what is going on with each string.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Alright, so I was fooling around with different tunings on my guitar and I found that if I dropped the A to a G, the B to an F and the high E to a B, it sounds really cool. I've written some grungy acoustic (think 'Nirvana Unplugged') stuff on it, and it makes some really weird scales if you use patterns from standard tuning (Eadgbe) on it. My only question is; What chord is made up of the notes EGdgfb? Also, is it bad for my guitar to be changing tunings all around back and forth (I mean all strings change, not just a dropped D). Thanks!

-Daniel M. White

Well the bottom four strings, [D,G,F,B] make up a Bminor 2nd Position chord. The G would fit in with the chord since it is a 3rd from B, but the E would clash with the F and D, so I'd probably not use it.

-M
Quote by redwing_suck
most pros have different guitars with different tunings, permanently. It also affects action, depending on what is going on with each string.

I've been wanting a second guitar to keep tuned a whole step down, just for such a purpose... and also so I don't find myself using heavier guages tuned to E-standard tugging on my neck.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by redwing_suck
1 b3 b7 b3 b2 5 in E = Em7b9. The basic phrygian chord. Phrygian is one of the more "exotic" mdoes.

Changing tunings a lot can be detrimental to string life. I find that I break them easier when I do this... most pros have different guitars with different tunings, permanently. It also affects action, depending on what is going on with each string.

I know its bad for the strings, but, shit, I got a year's worth of strings when I bought the guitar, I just don't want to hurt my beautiful Les Paul.