OK, so, my rig is slowly taking shape! but like every other human being... I'll never be satisfied... I will always want more lol.

So around christmas time I will be looking around for some stuff to be getting, as it will most likely be my last christmas at home for a while (yay university?) so I want to go big... not too big like thousands of dollars... but big! Im going to buy the GK 410 SBX myself so I'll be fairly content with that... but I'm wondering on what else I'll want... "back-up's" if you must lol. I was looking at Ampeg, Aguilar, SWR, and Eden and I was liking what I was seeing from all of them (of course )

Now to my questions lol

1. What would you guys reccomend as another Rig option for me? I'd say that my price range is between $100-$1200 CAD so it might not be a full rig just a head or cab. I like the sound of Ampeg and SWR from what I've tried, but havent been able to find any Aguilar or Edens around town yet.

2. What can I get to ease the trasportation of my rig? and also is there anything I can get to hold my head and (eventually) 2 Cabs?

3. I want to customize the look of my rig so is it possible to buy covers for my Cab? I'm talking about those covers for ampegs... like the 8x10 refridgerator except for a GK 115 SBX

4. Is there anything I am "missing"? Eventually my band is going to play around town and in other citys "a mini tour" basicly but we're aiming to do a small tour in western Canada with a few other bands that we know and that have their own record label. So is their anything that I haven't thought of for a tour rig?

5. What the hell is the differnce of an amp and preamp? I thought i knew but it turned out to be the wrong idea lol

Once my birthday rolls around too (18th wooo!) I'm going to try and get a credit card so I can aquire another Stingray or 2 from ebay! I'm also going to try and aquire a Wireless system, a nice effect pedal garden and one-helluva-good-time practicing and "touring" with my band.. but all in due time, I'm not rushing aything... and besides! I'm young, naive and ready to learn from my mistakes! and yes... I know that this might all blow up in my face... but I like to dream

So any tips or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

www.myspace.com/thedeathbynumbers
I'd get a 1x15 to go with the 4x10 if you really feel the need to add to that rig. But you already have that. I wouldn't spend extta money on it... lol. I'd work on the basses & effects and such. I wouldn't spend money on something just to spend it.

2- you cna get wheels installed. They're fairly cheep. Other than that, lift weights? lol

3- yes you can. There's one site I was at, I'll find it later, I was there when I was looking for 3 replacement speakers for my 8x10, they have the vintage covers for sale there too.

4- er, bass & effects? lol

5, pre-amp is on the bass and is basically an active EQ. It changes the symbol before it goes into the amp.
The amp, is the amp. It EQs what you hear.
The post-amp is only used in recording and even then, its usually stupid because you can do the effect of a post-amp with normal record production EQing., Yeah.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
1. Ya.. i already have a 115 sbx so im adding the 410 sbx too it soon so that'll be basicly done lol

2. i was think more along the lines of a casing for it... like this kinna
but including the cabs too... does that even exist?

3. ok thanks

4. lol ok i guess im not missing much then lol

5. oooooooooook i got it now!
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

Quote by UtBDan
The amp, is the amp. It EQs what you hear.

But the EQing done in an amp is actually done by its own preamp within what we call the "amp." The amp is made of a preamp and a power amp.

Lowend - Why would you want your rig to be all connected together like that? It'd be a huge pain in the ass to move anywhere.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
Quote by Lowend
1. Ya.. i already have a 115 sbx so im adding the 410 sbx too it soon so that'll be basicly done lol

2. i was think more along the lines of a casing for it... like this kinna
but including the cabs too... does that even exist?

Maybe something like this?
http://www.gallien-krueger.com/products_bags.html

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
it would be a huge pain in the ass to have a case that sat the cabinets and the head unit(s). and it would weigh a ton
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
it would be a huge pain in the ass to have a case that sat the cabinets and the head unit(s). and it would weigh a ton

thats true! maybe just the head though... cause i dont like the look of the 1001RB-II compared to the ampeg svt1000... its more of a clean look for the ampeg.

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

Quote by Tallman
c'est tres bon!

Et c'est verte, aussi. Verte est un beau coleur pour un amp!

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Trace indeed is very good stuff,
I have a 10-20 year old trace and it just's rock's everything.
Don't know about there new stuff but you should check it out.
If you could get a used trace you also shoud take a look at it
lol if you just see trace anywhere check it out
Quote by Tallman
Check out some trace elliot stuff, c'est tres bon!

trace elliot amps are amazing. i can't get over how nice a Stingray sounded through this 1x15 one some guy had at a music presentation thing (i did try it of course )
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE

Green is a great color, agreed.

J'aime leurs cabs.

And French is a fun language.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Last edited by metalstillsucks at Jul 4, 2006,
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE

Ma couleur de favori à.
Yay for jacking my thread lol
i dont understand french
buty Im taking spanish in school so...
that has no relavance
anyways
UtBDan did you find that site yet?

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

Quote by Lowend
Yay for jacking my thread lol
i dont understand french
buty Im taking spanish in school so...
that has no relavance
anyways
UtBDan did you find that site yet?

Dont worry its relevant to the thread. We are discussing the colour of Trace Elliots.
Quote by Lowend
thats true! maybe just the head though... cause i dont like the look of the 1001RB-II compared to the ampeg svt1000... its more of a clean look for the ampeg.

For just mounting the head, you want a rack case - that's what's shown in the picture. The one in the picture is an SKB or an SKB clone. A used 4-space SKB will probably run about $70, and $130 new. For a two-space I would expect to pay about $40-50 used.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
sweet!
thanks
I'll look into it now that i have a little bit more information
and money
after i get back from scotland

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

Thanks Dan

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.