Ello guys. Tonight im driving to copenhagen with a friend to participate in a four day workshop with PAT METHENY, wich one the one hand is awesomely awesome, and on the other scares the **** out of me. How should i prepare??
Hmmmmmm
you lucky bastard....
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Yep, but the prob is that althou im a decent jazz player, almost everybody other are miles forward(i suppose).... And! The last days is about ensemble playing, Pats gonna rip me to pieces
Hmmmmmm
If you're a decent player don't worry. Of course there will be people better than you - there always is at these kind of things - and there will be people not as good as you. Workshops are all about learning and enjoying your playing anyway, so if at some point you do need help or feel out of place, don't get frustrated, relax and just ask for a bit of help.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
they might be better than you, but they're scared because pat's better than them. that, and imagine they're all in their underwear. if you can play the changes nobody's going to be upser with you, it's a workshop not a show. also, congrats on this fantastic opportunity, you should really enjoy this. if at all possible, record it. if not for us, then at least for yourself, as a memory and as a nice lesson.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Quote by sirpsycho85
they might be better than you, but they're scared because pat's better than them. that, and imagine they're all in their underwear. if you can play the changes nobody's going to be upser with you, it's a workshop not a show. also, congrats on this fantastic opportunity, you should really enjoy this. if at all possible, record it. if not for us, then at least for yourself, as a memory and as a nice lesson.

DON'T imagine them in their underwear; it may be a rather disturbing vision.....

...instead, just keep in mind that it's a workshop. Look at it as a simple jam session and just prepare to have a great time learning from a true master.