Hey i was wondering what are your favourite tones on your amps.I usually to just go for a mximum low mid and high tone and maximum pre-gain and near minimum post gain.How about you?
Bass 0
Mid 0
Treb 0

Because my guitar playing sucks so much that nothing is better, but hey, i am trying to improve.
When I am playing thrash metal type stuff I sometimes put the highs and mids up as far as they can go and turn the bass down as low as it goes. It gives it a really trebbly sound and gives the notes in the fast picked riffs a lot of definition. The problem is though if you're playing in a band you can't hear the other instruments over the noise.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
scooped mids all the way

yeah i have about (depending on what amp im using) highs 9-10, mids 0-2, low 7-9
Quote by Diamond Dave

yeah i have about (depending on what amp im using) highs 9-10, mids 0-2, low 7-9

woot another scoop mid fan though my bass is around 8 and mids are 1 and treble at 7
Scooping your mids sucks volume and life out of your tone. My favorite setting for everything is:
Highs: 10
Mids: 10
Lows: 4
Quote by MastaBassist10
Scooping your mids sucks volume and life out of your tone.

Ya in a band thats not ideal but on your own I like the sound.
I like boosted mids

Treble: 3 o'clock
Bass: 11
Mids: 3-5

however I prefer slightly scooped mids for clean settings.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Quote by Maj_Tom
Ya in a band thats not ideal but on your own I like the sound.

Yeah, cause most metal guys go up on stage andrecord albums with one instrument.