Hey at the mo im using a boss metal zone pedal for my distortion. It works well with my bc rich and jackson but I find it isnt working too well with my fender. Are there any pedals youd recommend for my fender strat to give it a kind of dirty blues tone?
Gear:
Epiphone SG G400 Custom/Gibson SG
Digitech Whammy
Napalm Whammy Blender
Blackstar Overdrive
Artec Analogue Delay
Shine Phaser
Marshall Blues Breaker
Marshall Mode Four
wrong sections, try the Guitar Gear & Accessories ones.

And try a Boss BD2 (or if you have a tube amp a Boss SD1 or a Ibanez/Maxon Tubescreamer)
cheers
Gear:
Epiphone SG G400 Custom/Gibson SG
Digitech Whammy
Napalm Whammy Blender
Blackstar Overdrive
Artec Analogue Delay
Shine Phaser
Marshall Blues Breaker
Marshall Mode Four
Ya that blues driver does exactly what it's named for. I was a little skeptical about it, but hell, after you play with it you can dial it in real nice.
Please help me by reviewing my lyrics
I assume your BC and ure Jackson have Humbuckers whereas your fender has single coils. Single coils are pretty noisy when they're distorted and especially stock fender ones (i don't care how expensive that fender is!), replace the fender single coils with some hotrodded ones if you want to use it heavily distorted - fenders are better for cleans and midly distorted classic rock, not metal.
yes, the words "single coil" and "metal" don't exactly go hand in hand.

Neither do the words "evil and "major pentatonic"
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself

Think about Yngwie. He plays a strat and he is a shred/metal guitarist.
^ I know but he uses a preamp overdrive pedal.

Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Marshall BluesBreaker. You can hear soundclips of the one I build. The link is in my sig. The Boss Blues Driver would be my second choice.

I don't see how it's a marshall if you built it yourself. I like the pedal tho. Well done for building it.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
I don't see how it's a marshall if you built it yourself. I like the pedal tho. Well done for building it.

The layout/schematic is that of the Marshall BluesBreaker. Marshall created the pedal's circuit and sound and named it the BluesBreaker. Its still a marshall pedal, but built by me.

Its like saying, I built a Dallas Arb. Fuzz Face. You would say, its not by Dallas Arb. since you built it. Theres so many fuzz faces with different circuits though, that you have to say its a Dallas Arb.
Quote by eddiehimself

If your amp is has mountains of gain (read: Engl Powerball) enough you can do metal even on single coils.
or you could use a preamp like i mentioned earlier but you have to remember, with SC pickups, piling on the gain will also push up the noise levels, I put a preamp to boost my distortion and I ended up getting more b/g noise then sound- and that was with humbuckers!
EH