any suggestions/reccomendations on songs that are fun to jam to with your mates? not metlallica. please.
time for heroes
ax7 has two guitars in every song nd theyre fun to play
idn if its too advanced/compicated for you though
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Thin lizzy - Emerald..
Do you mean like both guitars playing lead or one playing chords and someone else playing lead kinda fing?
theres lots of songs with two guitar parts, most bands have 2 guitars..
And why not metallica??
u can always play a bassline on one of the guitars. chili peppers sounds good like this.
kings of leon songs for 2 guitars
offspring
darkness
QOTSA
strokes
Why dont you guys make your own chord progression and each one of you take turns soloing and rhythming. Its very good for building up melodic riffs, sense of timing, experience a lots more. All you need to know are basic power chord/barre chord, and basic major/minor scales.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Why dont you guys make your own chord progression and each one of you take turns soloing and rhythming. Its very good for building up melodic riffs, sense of timing, experience a lots more. All you need to know are basic power chord/barre chord, and basic major/minor scales.

all to the backing of a metronome and **** gets exciting
Aces High, Hallowed be thy Name, basically any Iron Maiden song with harmonized guitars.
Tiger style.
I strongly recommend some shadows fall songs such as

Idiot Box
Act of Contrition
Blinded By The Light
Try improvising on Minor Swing or something.

Always fun, and you'll learn a lot.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
All of these bands have TONS of great songs for 2 guitarists

AC/DC
Anthrax
Avenged Sevenfold
Bullet For My Valentine
Children Of Bodom
Evergrey
God Forbid
In Flames
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Metallica
Opeth
Shadows Fall
Slayer
Thin Lizzy
Trivium
Velvet Revolver
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
learn the harmonized solo part for bat country its so awesome when you get it down
Detroit Rock City - Kiss (Anything by Kiss actually but this one is the easiest and it was the first two person song I learned)
The Trooper - Iron Maiden
Chop Suey - System of a Down (Although they only have one guitarist, the intro requires two)
Judas Priest songs.

Thats all I can think of hope it helps.
Last edited by hourglass666 at Jul 3, 2006,
Quote by hourglass666

Chop Suey - System of a Down (Although they only have one guitarist, the intro requires two)

actually it needs 3
Go get your shovel.
play some killswitch engage they have some really good hormony
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
Killswitch Engage and Bullet For My Valentine are good 2 guitar bands and I don't know how heavy you wanna go but As I Lay Dying is a good band if you want both guitars to do a lead type thing and Trivium if you want a lead and a backing guitar playing chords
Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar
Pantera - Hard Ride
Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country
Foo Fighters - Best of You

There's loads, but i will spend ages listing. Those are really fun to play.