Hey guys, back in the days when I knew nothing of woods, pickups or criteria on which to buy my first electric, I wanted 24 frets and the ESP logo somewhere on my guitar, and the best thing meeting those criteria that I could mooch out of my parents was an LTD Viper-50. Now as we all know, low-end LTD's are not the best when it comes to quality (LH-100 pups and an agathis body) but I have become rather attatched to my little viper, being my first electric, so I am wondering if it is worth saving up for some EMGs and modding it, or should I put that money towards buying a totally new guitar?
Oldest member of the "Guitarists Born in 1991" Club!. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Definately buy a new axe. Now my Ibanez GRG170DX... new guitar or mod? I've blocked the trem by the way.
Don't hijack the thread

Viper50's body wood is horrible. Get a new guitar
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
i think the 300 up have emg's, though there the HZ kind actives are on the VP400 and VP1000. New gutiar all the way, though don't give up on your old one, mod it when u've got some money later, it's always fun and learnin about the technical aspects can help u play betta.
Quote by Aidy Damage
Definately buy a new axe. Now my Ibanez GRG170DX... new guitar or mod? I've blocked the trem by the way.

Get a new guitar, it's not worth it...