Hi, i am 14 yrs old and hav been looking to form,join a band for as long as i can think of. I have put up an ad on this site but i havnt had any replies and im starting to think now its because im too young, is this true or do i just need to look harder for people to join.

Any help is apprecaited(if thats how u spell it) peace
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

I'm having the same problem, but I'm hoping to get a band up with some friends. do you have any friends that are musicians?
Well at that age you're best bet is looking around your school. Im in your kind of position too (im 15). Me and my friend wanna start a band but we cant find a bassist or drummer. Guess we have to keep looking and hope for the best. Thats the only advice i can give u.

Good luck
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Your best bet would be to find out if anyone in your school plays anything. Ul have to be patient though, me and my friend decided a year ago that we were going to geta band together but we only actually got the full band together about a month ago!!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Mr.Loomis_shred
Hi, i am 14 yrs old and hav been looking to form,join a band for as long as i can think of. I have put up an ad on this site but i havnt had any replies and im starting to think now its because im too young, is this true or do i just need to look harder for people to join.

ive been trying to put together a band too
thats bs cuz i know a 12 yr old whos in a band
Last edited by OpposingForce at Jul 3, 2006,
Ur not too young to star a band.he younger u r the better it is. just keep looking. there is lots of talent out there. just kee ur eyes oopen. im sure u will find people. have strenghth and courage. believe in yourself adr and!
Thanx everyone, this helped a lot. I do have friends that are musicians and the guy im makin the band with is a bass player who is the same age but i just cant seem to find any1 else who wants to join but thanx i'll hang in there until i get band together.

Quote by Friggly

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Def worth hanging in there, a lad I know started playing in a band at 13 with two friends from school and they held a mini audition for a drummer! They have played a couple of local gigs and a few of thier friends b-day partys and theyve recorded a couple of thier own songs, there great actually - just realised what a fan I am
Member of The Darkness fanclub
I was there for SD's cocksucking forum, August 15th, 2006.
The Cas Fast Foundation - pm draken to join and support cas on his 30 food free days.
I'm 15 in a partial band.
My question was that has anyone here been trying to get a band together only to find the people who play the instruments you need are ALL emo?
They won't play any other kind of music either, just emo...
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

as they've all been saying, you won't find a band online. ask around your school and remember a few things:

1. keep an open mind. it's all too easy to dismiss a great opportunity to make music because you're worried about how 'cool' the rest of the school will think it is. As long as someone isn't wanting to play the complete opposite of your kind of music (like Mr. Emo ^ ), go for it.

2. Don't take it too seriously. Most high school bands never make it out of the basement. This doesn't mean you shouldn't try, but you should focus on what's improtant to get out a high-school level band. You should learn to play in time with other people, and learn as much as you can about actually PLAYING music.
^What a friggin' jerk... jk
Yeah that is very sound advice and you should listen to him. Also if you can't find a full band now try and learn a little theory it will help you stay together and sound better when you are in one.

Also seriously, I know lots of musicians in Oklahoma and only 3 aren't emo "hardcore" wannabees including myself. How hard is it to find people who aren't influenced by bands that can't even play their own instruments. Why can't there just be regular rock people?!
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

Last edited by RHCPKicksA$$ at Jul 3, 2006,
Yea i know wot u mean, in my class in skul there is the best drummer ever i have seen but he wont play metal.

Quote by Friggly

Quote by dingmydong

i think i was in a band when i was 12 or 13 and im still in the same band 3 or 4 years later... it can be done, just gotta look round a bit, like many have said look round your school...
Well, I don't know if age has anything to do with getting gigs, cause 14 sounds like a good age. I'm fourteen, and I already have a band. The only problem I can see is people not taking you seriously. Try to actually get a band set up, and then work from there. Don't try to jump into the fray right away.

i have the same problem, plus no one in this city wants to start a band in highschool...good luck
bananabananabanana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta *pie*

Quote by Bmm386
I think they should make a GTA paris in like 1795.
Your only goal is to feed your family and keep your horse alive.

Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
it hit the twin towers, not the pentagon, idiot
theres no such thing as too old/young. It just depends on the people that are in your area. i mean, im 18 and cant get a band lol.
mistress mekare
~ go sperm go! ~
I think in terms of gigs though the younger you are then the harder it is for places to take you seriously
mistress mekare
~ go sperm go! ~
Dude, I'm 19 now.... my drummer started with us when he was 15. This was just last year. Ofcourse.... he's one of THE baddest drummers in the area. Got 3rd in some Houston drum off against 30+ year old guys. So in other words... you gotta show you can kick ass to get attention. Just post on local area/city forums and stuff. That's how we got started here in SE TX.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
I'd say nobody's too young too start. Look at Avenged Sevenfold. they started when they were like 18. The only thing about starting young is that good vocal talent is scarce for people of low age.
"I see," said the blind man.
Thanx everyone im gonna stick it out here and put up ads everywhere and stuff lik that

THANX AGAIN

Quote by Friggly

Quote by dingmydong

yeh, im 14 and in a band, was 13 wen we started, got some song ideas, just need lyrics and to write some soloes, one of the ones im wokrin on has an (in my opinion) awesome thrasy 2 minute intro , everyones seems to lobe it so yeahhh, and also a slower song sorta in the style of fade to black or one, so yeh its not too young to start, just really anoygin for us becoz, i play guitar, got a bassist and keyboardist, the thing is tho, our drummer can play drums, bass and guitar, and can also sing, and hes best at singing and drummin :S, so kinda need to find sum1, gotta be slectuive coz dont want a **** guitarest or **** singer. so yeh, just keep trying and don't let any emo's in
its not how old you are, its how experienced in your guitar playing field. Also, be able to read notes. Dont rely on tabs your whole life.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by sloppyjoe24
its not how old you are, its how experienced in your guitar playing field. Also, be able to read notes. Dont rely on tabs your whole life.

I would disregard this statement completely.
i'm in a band that i started. i don't think you can be to young. and it is hard to find gigs so just like, throw partys or if some of your friends ever have partys or get togethers ask if you can play.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Quote by gtrfrk123
i'm in a band that i started. i don't think you can be to young. and it is hard to find gigs so just like, throw partys or if some of your friends ever have partys or get togethers ask if you can play.

You're 12, right?

-KR
You are 14 right, so you are at least in middle/high school. Guess where you should look for musicians... in the band room. There you can find lots of underground drummers who kick ass on the field and then go home and rock out on a set that no one knows about. Also, people who play one instrument have a better chance at playing another instrument or two so look around for other people too. Don't limit yourself to the kids who you think play instruments, ask everyone, you will be pleasantly surprised.
Quote by Mr.Loomis_shred

Same deal here, except I play with a nerdy dude and an alright one. They're hard to deal with, but hey, they're good at guitar.