Ok so what's your favourite guitar piece of all time, i think mine would have to be Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson. Canon Rock by JerryC would be well up there too as one of my favourites. So what about everyone else???
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Oh by the way, dont get pissed with me if this is in the wrong place, i wasn't sure where it should go
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
the greatest piece of guitar mastery to ever grace the conciousness of humanity is probably Mediterranean Sundance. John Mclaughlin, Al DiMeola, and Paco De Lucia. McLaughlin is the best there ever was and DiMeola is close to the fastest ever. Im suprised the universe didn't implode when that kind of talent was concentrated in one room.

A close second would be Dark Prince by the Trio Of Doom
minor swing by django reinhardt, although it splits time with a violin.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Quote by ClaptonIsKing
the greatest piece of guitar mastery to ever grace the conciousness of humanity is probably Mediterranean Sundance. John Mclaughlin, Al DiMeola, and Paco De Lucia. McLaughlin is the best there ever was and DiMeola is close to the fastest ever. Im suprised the universe didn't implode when that kind of talent was concentrated in one room.

A close second would be Dark Prince by the Trio Of Doom

Since you already said this, I'm going to have to say Bert Jansch's version of Anji.
mine changes all the time but right now i'm really liking the sitar solo in "nowhere fast" by incubus
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
"Glassgow Kiss" by John Pettrucci is madd ill.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
The entire song itself isn't just solo guitar, but the intro to "Crazy on You" by Heart has always been one of my favorites. Just that perfect tinge of Irish jig feel while it still sounds super-classical (me likey classical ).
mine would probabley be the stairway to heaven solo by jimi page. i just love it
Quote by tristboyer
mine would probabley be the stairway to heaven solo by jimi page. i just love it

Solo guitar, not guitar solo. The threadstarter is referring to songs that are only guitar.
Although I should shutup, since the one I listed wasn't technically correct, either.
One of my favourites is 'Classical Gas'.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?