ive been playing for a short while now and ive been working on some exercizes for speed buildup and shred type stuff, what kind of exercizes do you guys do to get better, im looking for tips and help so i dont waste my time practicing worthless exercizes
nothing is worthless.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Take the major and pentatonic scales and put them to a metronome. Practice, practice, practice. You can't build speed in 10 minutes, you need to work at it, otherwise you will be very sloppy. Start slow so you don't make ANY mistakes, then increase your speed gradually.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
do the 1-2-3-4 thing on every string up to the 12th fret...or higher...it doesmnt matter

DO IT WITH A METRONOME...thats what i do, and its helped alot, my alernate picking has gotten alot faster and cleaner, and my left hand speed has gotten way better
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by ias05
ive been playing for a short while now and ive been working on some exercizes for speed buildup and shred type stuff, what kind of exercizes do you guys do to get better, im looking for tips and help so i dont waste my time practicing worthless exercizes

Exercizes are how yngwie malmsteen got as fast and good as he is today.
I just run through everything I know how to play once, then work with a metrenome at 40bpm, 120bpm, then 40bpm again, then scales, then I try something new to learn. You've been playing for a short while now so exercizes will help you as much as anything can. try this one.

--12-11-10-9-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------12-11-10-9-----------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------12-11-10-9------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------12-11-10-9---------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------12-11-10-9-------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------12-11-10-9-11-10-9-8...
work your way up the neck and alternate pick the whole time.