what is it called a pinch harmonic?
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

a pinch harmonic is a high pitched squeeling sound, but i have no idea why you accidentally do it when u bend
Yeah it's called a pinch harmonic, you probably move the string upwards and it hits off your thumb gently, causing it to squeal.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
i figured ot how i do it while i bend i pick it a weird way thats hard to explain but i get an aweosme squell out of it anybody know whats thats called
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

Um...a pinch harmonic. I don't know how you accidentally do a pinch harmonic but whatever.
no im not hiting it with my thumb i turn the pick sideways and pick it that way and get a squell

Hellsing Organization

but it seems to only work on the really thin strings

Hellsing Organization

before i found out what a pinch harmonic was i had already done it loads of times by accident, generally when the pick slides up between the finger and thumb.
if you've got a n00b guitar like me
my starmaker
you can onkly get pinch harmonics on the higher strings
I used to find it helped to turn the pick on it's side slightly to get pinch harmonics, but after a while i started to do them just as well by holding the pick normally.
Quote by Tezza_Larks
if you've got a n00b guitar like me
my starmaker
you can onkly get pinch harmonics on the higher strings

Uh, no.

I can do them on every string. I find the High E more difficult.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Definitely pinch harmonics. I used to pull a lot of them by accident before i knew how to hold a pick properly...

It is definitely easier to do on the smaller strings, on the bigger strings you need to touch with more thumb and pick harder.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.