Page 1 of 2
I just got through hand sanding most of the paint of the front of my guitar for my refinishing project, BY HAND!! It took me about 2 maybe 3 hours to do the front and about a 1/4 or 1/3 of the back. I only stopped because I need more sand paper. Go me! So heres the other quesition, should I color it, like give it a sun burst, or go with a natural finish? I'm getting everything replaced on me because it's a crappy starter Drive with ****ty parts. Pots, neck, Pup's, etc. So what color?

This is it with the house finish on it that it came with.
just out of curiosity why are u fixin up a drive wildfire?? i mean i dont think it would be worth the money to fix up
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Every single son of a bitch at the local guitar shop did. Said it would take a week atthe least. I only did this to prove a point to them, posting here was for color ideas... Because were going out to home depo today, maybe, to get more sandpaper.

And why? Because I like the body shape. I'm gonna thin it out a little, maybe make it look a little more like a strat. And like I said after I'm done nothing but the body will be stock, it'll all be new and nice.
I've hand sanded a couple guitars within a couple hours... it's not even close to impossible, just tedious.
mmmk.
i always hated that little horn thing on the left side of the guitar so i think it would be really cool if u made it into a les paul double cutaway look, but maybe u like it
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Yeah, I'm gonna rough tit out a little more. And please people color ideas.
If you like the shape why change it to look more like a Strat?
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
I look some of the shape, not all of it. The horn makes it hard for me to hearch the lower frets, so I'm gonna rought it out a little or cut it off, other then that I like the shape.

EITHER GIVE ME COLOR IDEAS OR SHUT UP!!! Or Pup idea's, neck idea's, etc...
Do NOT tell people to shut up if you like to stay here.

Anyways, I kinda like the shape too, just be absolutely sure you know what you're doing before you go ahead and just like, cut off a piece of wood or something.

I plan on doing a greenburst on a project strat of mine.
mmmk.
Sorry man, I was kidding. I just asked for color idea's, not comments on the handsanding part. Kool, but I have a reservation aginist green, it makes me sick to the stoumch.

Would it be possible to jimmie on a strat neck? and how about a Purple and black paintjob?
Last edited by zekk at Jul 3, 2006,
Quote by zekk
I look some of the shape, not all of it. The horn makes it hard for me to hearch the lower frets, so I'm gonna rought it out a little or cut it off, other then that I like the shape.

EITHER GIVE ME COLOR IDEAS OR SHUT UP!!! Or Pup idea's, neck idea's, etc...

You are an ass, i hope a bird craps on your ****ty guitar and then you.
Quote by SG thrasher

Why thank you, I hope your slit wrist rot in hell.

Not that that is said and done. Sorry, I just wanted paint tips, Pup susgesitions, etc. Not all the othe rstuff I got.
Quote by SG thrasher

YAY, were all making friends! what is the guitar body made of? does the grain look nice at all? if the grain looks good, then do a natural or sunburst finish, if not then do a solid color, for parts you can go on www.stewmac.com or www.guitarfetish.com and for paints you can go to www.reranch.com
Quote by Teleprompters
YAY, were all making friends! what is the guitar body made of? does the grain look nice at all? if the grain looks good, then do a natural or sunburst finish, if not then do a solid color, for parts you can go on www.stewmac.com or www.guitarfetish.com and for paints you can go to www.reranch.com

Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you! The grain actually does look pretty nice, and we've got some stain, and some finist, and coating, I think. But if not, Were going out to a place to get some today.
Attachments:
willie.jpg
Quote by SG thrasher
Thats right, hide your ugly American face.

Hide you own face you nazi son of satan.

You see, I'm not scared to sho my face. I'm just to lazt to move my webcam.

How about you, the baby nazi scared of the big bad american? (Oh and btw I f*cking hate f*cking america.)

Attachments:
Pie, you son of a.jpg.bmp
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
i always hated that little horn thing on the left side of the guitar so i think it would be really cool if u made it into a les paul double cutaway look, but maybe u like it

I tried it. It looks ****.

Quote by SG thrasher
Thats right, hide your ugly American face.

Just to back up his comment, you are a nazi ****.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Jul 3, 2006,
Well, thanks for warning me eddie, I think I'm just gonna round it off or leave it alone. So anyone wanna susjest a color or finish? Besides green?

how about blue but I dunno do I look like a mind reader? I just like blue. Although I think CA red or grey would look cool on that type of guitar.

Also the LP double ut might look good on that guitar it's just I had to go round a switch cavity on mine so that affected it's shape.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Ah. I think I'm gonna leave it as is, except for color. CA red would look good. How about Lake Placid Blue, like those old mustangs? And how about a strat pickguard? Would that work, does anyone think? (One of the HH "fat" style, not single style...)

Last edited by zekk at Jul 3, 2006,
I think a strat pickguard would be too big. But I like the LP blue idea If you do that then a pickguard would be cool but a white one and get white p/u's aswell. I think you should get a new neck aswell. That headstock is too much like a line6. but hey you don't have to listen to me, It's your guitar.
EH

Yeah, but I've got no eye for color or design. But yeah, I'm gonna go with the Lake Placid Blue, And try and get a strat pickguard and see if it'll fit, and it not if I can make it fit...

Quote by SG thrasher
1.How am i a nazi?
2.How am i son of satan?
3.If you hate america why fly the fucking flag?

Ansewers in order.

1: Bacause you **** talk, act, and seem like one.
2: see above
3: I don't, you moron.

Well we can agree on one thing, satan and god do not exist. I only used that refrence because it works to rile the general population. Prove your not. And I don't give a ****. You act like a nazi, bash people you don't even know, and like Dragonforce. thats just lame. Symphone X, thats good modern metal there.

And the flag, is only there because my america loving moron of a mom put it there.Notice the big gash in it?

Quote by SG thrasher
Ohhh rebel.

Edit: I can't be arsed, good luck on your guitar. *leaves thread*

no, just don't like the way america is going.

I don't see how naziboy there can call YOU a rebel! Neways plz post more pics of your guitar as you progress I'd like to see them.
EH

Quote by zekk
Symphone X, thats good modern metal there.

Symphony*
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by zekk
no, just don't like the way america is going.

Btw it's not a personal thing, People over here seem to hate everyone who is american or french and want to have sex with themselves. Can't imagine why.
EH

Oh. I'm gonna see if I can get my dad involved and if Ican it'll go alot faster. I'm thinking of getting EMG's put in for Pup's and have kill switch.

whoa whoa, can you bring the america bashing down a bit, i live in america and i may not agree with its ethics but jesus calm down. seriously zekk how can sgthrasher be a nazi, you dont even know the guy and you start saying **** and whatnot. sgthrasher has every right to call you an ass, you tell people to shut up when there trying to give you their opinions and ideas.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
yes but he said that just because he is an american he would be ugly. Plus a lot of people (not everyone- me, for instance) is a stupid nationalist dickhead who thinks asians, muslims, americans, french poeple (the list goes on) should die and that everyone in britian should be a WASP.
EH

Last edited by eddiehimself at Jul 3, 2006,
Quote by Waterboy799
whoa whoa, can you bring the america bashing down a bit, i live in america and i may not agree with its ethics but jesus calm down. seriously zekk how can sgthrasher be a nazi, you dont even know the guy and you start saying **** and whatnot. sgthrasher has every right to call you an ass, you tell people to shut up when there trying to give you their opinions and ideas.

I, am, Fucking, awesome.
Quote by absinthe5765
european people are still upset that we won the war. end of story.

God bless the USA

it'll be funny whe nyou die and theres no god.

Sgthrasher, can;t we just be friends?

Page 1 of 2