Ok, I'm gonna make a pedal and at the moment im still gathering parts.

Here is a list of what i will need.

Resistors

1 - 33k
1 - 8.2k
1 - 470 ohm
1 - 100k

Potentiometers

1 - 1k linear
1 - 500k log (audio)

Capacitors

1 - 2.2uF
1 - 22uF
1 - 0.1uF

Transistors

For Q1 and Q2, NKT275 or other good germanium transistor of
the PnP Configuration. JD Sleep (www.generalguitargadgets.com)
recommends these other substitutions:

NKT275
AC128
2N508A
2N527
NTE158
NTE126

Thats was just cpoied and pasted from a website.

I can get the 33k and 100 k resistors from maplin, but where in the UK could i get the others ?

I cant get either of the pots from maplin.

I can get the capacitors from maplin luckily, but i cant get the transistors.

Now heres my question, Where in the UK, preferably a website can i get these parts ?

p.s I will also need perfboard i believe.
What pedal are you building? Yes you will need a perfboard, because thats what you will be building on. You have a soldering iron right? What wattage? Do you have tools like a heat sink? You will need that so the parts dont get overheated.
heat sinks are only metal clips. very cheap. you can probably get it at a radio shack or a small electronic shop. you might even be able to just use plyers and hold the wires coming from the components so they dont overheat and die.
Quote by thesumoftwo
www.rhselectronics.co.uk cheaper than maplins on everything apart from pots and switches. I just ordered a load of stuff from them, should be here thursday, i finish work friday so plan to start my builds on monday, good luck!

dude that link doesnt work, could u try and find one that does cos i cant find that company in google, cheers.
Quote by thesumoftwo
www.rhselectronics.co.uk cheaper than maplins on everything apart from pots and switches. I just ordered a load of stuff from them, should be here thursday, i finish work friday so plan to start my builds on monday, good luck!

The link doesn't work
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
yeah I know, that time you put "electonics"

plus I don't really like that website. The delivery is not good if you are only ordering small amounts of things.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
i order in large amount, like 3 pedals worth at a time, so i do normally order over £25 worth of stuff. As far as i can find, its the only cheap UK site, wel the only easily navigationable one anyway
Thanks guys, but im still having trouble fining those transistors, could you help me out at all ?
if you wanna use the sight i pointed you to, type in the transistor number into the search box on the right

they should have them, but i think that that site is only benneficial if you are ordering quite a bit, unles it does work out cheaper even with the P&P
See thats the problem, I can't find those transistors on that site, I'm having alot of trouble finding a site in the UK that does them.

Is there sometihng i could use instead of them ?