Both are on my group's myspace. I do vocals and lead guitar and my friend does guitars. We program drums with guitar pro.

http://myspace.com/exorbitance666

Check Embodiment which is a cover of Carcass
Master of Puppets which is a cover of some band

Check our originals while you are there!
Member #5 of the The Haunted fan club.
Guitar sounds nice, is it downtuned? Didnt like the vocals but i dont like 'screaming' in general so thats not really your fault :P

Guitar work sounded really solid

you guys messed too much with master of puppets haha :P

Pretty nice cover completely in your own style, gj
My gear:

Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
Guitar: Epiphone Explorer (black+white) with golden strings

--> Hasn't got the gutts to record anything yet <---
Didn't know the Carcass one, so I figured giving it a listen would be generally useless, since I'd have nothing to compare it to. Sorry.
But I did, however, listen to the Puppets one. Eh... [nervously jerks tie from side to side]... where do I start?
Like Urani said, you morphed it into your own style, but it strays too much from the original. It's downtuned, isn't it? Not that I have a problem with it, but... you completely changed certain parts. Notes were in the wrong spots, or just not there at all. In the end, the guitar parts don't even really sound that close to the original, which bugs me, because I like covers when they sound remotely similar to the original. Cool, but I personally wasn't fond of that.
And not that Hetfield's vocals were wonderful in the original, but these... just plain odd. It was actually sung kinda cool, but it was just so damn whacky, you know?
P.S. The solos weren't even really close.
Overall, I give you props for originality. But being an avid Metallica fan... it was just an oddball take on the song. Still, I enjoyed it, so 8/10.
Quote by SethMegadefan
Didn't know the Carcass one, so I figured giving it a listen would be generally useless, since I'd have nothing to compare it to. Sorry.
But I did, however, listen to the Puppets one. Eh... [nervously jerks tie from side to side]... where do I start?
Like Urani said, you morphed it into your own style, but it strays too much from the original. It's downtuned, isn't it? Not that I have a problem with it, but... you completely changed certain parts. Notes were in the wrong spots, or just not there at all. In the end, the guitar parts don't even really sound that close to the original, which bugs me, because I like covers when they sound remotely similar to the original. Cool, but I personally wasn't fond of that.
And not that Hetfield's vocals were wonderful in the original, but these... just plain odd. It was actually sung kinda cool, but it was just so damn whacky, you know?
P.S. The solos weren't even really close.
Overall, I give you props for originality. But being an avid Metallica fan... it was just an oddball take on the song. Still, I enjoyed it, so 8/10.

when i was recording it, i had in mind not changing it too much, and to me it still doesn't seem that OUTRAGEOUSLY different but maybe I am just not experienced with covers

The vocals didn't really come out like I wanted them to, but even through how much negative criticism you gave, I greatly appreciate that you enjoyed the song and I will take your critique under my belt.
Member #5 of the The Haunted fan club.
Quote by amped00
when i was recording it, i had in mind not changing it too much, and to me it still doesn't seem that OUTRAGEOUSLY different but maybe I am just not experienced with covers

Oh no, it wasn't terribly off, but enough to be noticeable. I've just listened to the original so much that it's probably just easier for me to pick out the wrong spots than for other people. I could still tell it was Puppets, so you're right, it wasn't WAY off.

The vocals didn't really come out like I wanted them to, but even through how much negative criticism you gave, I greatly appreciate that you enjoyed the song and I will take your critique under my belt.

Well, I'm not that much of a fan of that type of vocals anyway. I've been getting more into them lately, but I think just the combination of those vocals with a Metallica song didn't seem fitting to me. But my view on that aspect is slightly biased, so don't let me get you down, because I'm sure someone with more tolerance of those vocals (e.g., someone who isn't as much of a metal n00b as me ) would appreciate it more.
I still enjoyed it though, so that's what counts, right?
i absolutely hate the vocals in every way shape and form. i didnt care too much for the solo either . everything else was pretty good. I'm not saying i dont like when a cover is given some feel to it and change around but i think this came out too hardcore-ish like the new bands out today sound. it just doesnt go well with an 80's song like this in my opinion.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
NOT a fan of the vocals in the least. But that's your thing, so have at 'er
Quote by Benjibum
I know you not, but speak to my very heart you do.

I have that effect on people
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
GO SENS GO!
On Master of Puppets...I really liked how you took the guitars to a whole death metal sound. I wasn't a huge fan of the vocals. I think it'd sound better if you took away the second scream/growler. I respect that you tried to recreate the solo, but it didn't turn out all that great. But, I really like how you made it your own. The guitars were recorded wonderfully. What'd you use to record?
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
About your MoP cover. Vocals are horrible. I have no trouble with brutal vocals, but I don't like the double vocals... Horrible. They don't sound very metal. And they are too loud in the mix... I actually thought that some Metallica covers would sound cool with death metal vocals, like Fight Fire with Fire or No Remorse (already done by Cannibal Corpse). But I really don't think that those kind of vocals suit MoP... It has such a cool vocal line, while the vocal line in songs like Fight Fire with Fire are far more simple

However, the guitar part is fücking tight, which is extremely important. I liked the harmonized guitars, gives them sort of a death metal sound. But you can't really just leave out the clean part in the middle... It's a big part of the song. Maybe you did it because it would suit your vocals better. However, your vocals have no place in that song