What size of strings should I get to play in drop C, and can anyone tell how/where to find a place to tell me how to change strings on a Epiphine G-400 SG. Thanks.
You can play drop C in any gauge strings, but usually heavy gauge ones will be the best sounding and most comfortable. Search on ultimate-guitar.com for information about changing strings or do a google search.
for drop C i use ernie ball skinny top heavy bottom, 10-52 i love the balance between low end and the manuverability for solo's
well my friend is heavily agaisnt drop C and says that if i leave it like that for awhile and change it back to standard tuning that my strings will be strectched and can snap. So would .10's or .11's(which one?) be good when I change it back?
they won't snap, 10s are fine but they'll be a little loose, so use 11s if you want.
My gear:
OLP John Petrucci Sig.
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Mesa/Boogie .50 Caliber+ 112
11-54. thats what i use. plenty of balls down low and nice and easy up high.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by suicidalmoose
drop c would be CFB EGC tuning, basically your dropping down 2 steps from EAD GBE

I beleive he's talking about Drop D down 1 full step (low to high: CGCFAD)

Theres an only tuning thread in Guitar And Bass basics, its stickied on top.
Called the only tuning thread and its in there. Look for it!

Also, I use Ernie Ball Beefy Slinky (.11-.54) for Drop C and B.
DR strings .11 to .50s. I keep my guitar in standard D but occasionally put it down to drop C to play some songs and it doesnt fret buzz at all, I have amazingly low action (4mm at the 12th) and it doesnt fret buzz! But that could just be my awesome guitar the Yamaha RGX320FZ, go find the review
i play in drop C and i get loads of fret buzz when i play, but im not sure if its audible through the amp... anyone help?
I'm so metal I work at Dimmu Burger
Quote by gothicneo
i play in drop C and i get loads of fret buzz when i play, but im not sure if its audible through the amp... anyone help?

a) dont revive dead threads
b) play it through your amp and see if you can hear any fret buzzing
c) what gauge you using