Page 1 of 3
So, I would consider this band "hardcore" more than any other genre, and if Avenged Sevenfold get to be in this forum, I think these guys can be too.

I like this band a whole lot, check out their purevolume.
http://www.purevolume.com/trophyscars

Their singer is a really great songwriter and I like the way his lyrics can flow kind of strangely with the music.
i'd consider new avenged sevenfold mainstream..

and they really suck so you know
gah i cant stand the vocals
i like trophy scars. i have 'darts to the sea' and it's a really decent record, i just don't listen to it a lot unfortunatly. although it's a decent record with some really good parts, on a whole it gets tiresome.
rites of nothing.
Woah, that reminds me of pretty much everything hardcore with delicate/emo/post hardcore parts/clean singing/emotion in it!

Woah. Dunno if I like 'em.

EDIT: I've decided I don't. Some parts are boring.
I like them, but they post like a million bulletins on myspace.

God that sounded gay.
There is no place else to go
The theater is closed
a local band around here is touring with them or something.

i dont think they are really anything that special but thats just me.
Quote by stratstrummer40

i dont think they are really anything that special but thats just me.

I agree. In fact I somewhat dislike them.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
I liked their older stuff.
It had something more..
Something I can't put my finger on.
But they somewhat lost it.
Taking Back Sunday = Sensitive Hardcore
I already posted in this thread but I didnt have thier whole album when I posted earlier.

Now I have the album and some tracks are actually very good... yet I still stand by the fact I dont think they are all THAT good. They just have a couple songs that are nice to play once in awhile if Im in a post-hardcoreish mood.
Theyre new cd is so goooooood. The song Alligator. Alligators. has the best lyrics ive ever heard. Best album of the year hands down.
Scream it at the masses.
um.... im not really a big fan of this band suprisingly. i usually like most post hardcore music but these guys are like nickleback, hinder, etc. (but each band within their respective genre)
they pretty much sound exactly like underoath and those kinds of bands.
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
I actually really like this band. I think they sound fairly original, and their sound seems pretty spread out to me. I like em.
tAkE aPaRt YoUr HeAd
Sounds exactly like every other band. Dont like those guitar riff-styles.
Yahyah
What other bands do they sound like
They actually have a pretty original sound. I like their EPs better but the new album is pretty good.
Quote by SchecterFreak
i usually like most post hardcore music but these guys are like nickleback, hinder, etc. (but each band within their respective genre)
they pretty much sound exactly like underoath and those kinds of bands.

You have got to be joking.

This band is great, Alphabet. Alphabets is one of the best albums to come out this year.
Quote by J Lock
What other bands do they sound like

Exactly.

Everyone who said they sound like everyother band, especially the guy who said they sounded like underoath, go screw yourself and then actually listen to the band.
Like every other band with that guitar sound. The melodic happy riffs with screaming on. I hear that **** every day on this modern "hardcore".
Yahyah
Quote by Yahz0r
Like every other band with that guitar sound. The melodic happy riffs with screaming on. I hear that **** every day on this modern "hardcore".

damn straight man i agree completely!!!! and to the one whotold me to **** myself, it is my opinion in a thread and it asked for opinions not worship so if i don't happen to like the band or think they sound like someone then thats my opinion. now if you like them then more power to you but i don't personally like them so, you can have your opinion and i can have mine but lets please be civil about expressing our opinions okay? okay.
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
these guys would get to me if they werent so weird....

their singer sounds boring at times, then sounds like he is going to kill you, then he sounds like a zombie

the guitar parts make some sense,

they are ok in my book
5/10
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Did anyone pass elementary English?

Quote by Yahz0r

They aren't modern hardcore.
They're Post-Hardcore.
There is a major difference.
yea i got an edumacation dip.
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
Show me your swedish skills.

It's still modern for hardcore. (Which sucks) That was my point.
Yahyah
My partner in booking has booked them for January.

click link below.
v
Quote by ¡Blah!
...I usually don't go crazy for hardcore bands (except As I Lay Dying)...

I book bands in Harrisonburg VA

www.myspace.com/mithosbooking
why?
why would you guys book them?
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
oh okay now i understand. well good luck to you and your booking company! but still why would he book these guys? even the names of their songs are reatarded.
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
lol
their songs are almost like poems

Alchemists, Alchemists,
how you guys are so racist

ok i will shut up now but you get the point
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
^we love you too!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
sry for double post but the stuff won't show up on the screen if i don't
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
Quote by waldorphPRS41
^^ Both of you go jack off while listening to Avenged Sevenfold and get the **** out of this thread.

I would just let it go man, most people with Avenged Sevenfold avatars aren't gonna be open to listening to original and creative music anyway....
yeah we are but this isn't original or creative. even the names of the songs aren't original (ex. Alchemist. Alchemists) nt creative
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
Last edited by SchecterFreak at Nov 13, 2006,
Page 1 of 3