Is there? OR is there a way I can turn my three way selector into a kill switch?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Yeh i wud like to know how to change mine into a killswitch too. or if there you can buy killswitches from anyplace? i think theyre pretty nifty!
I have a digram the JimPlaysGuiatr made but its gone somewhere i dont know... But basicly you find the hot wire comeing from your Input to your volume and cut it and solder them to the ends of a DPDT(i think) switch and put a wirew in the center lug to a ground like a pot.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
hot in put to lug 1, lug 2 to ground, lug 3 to volume pot
Sorta like that
EDIT-
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314881
the diagram is down near the bottom
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
Last edited by lookie here at Jul 3, 2006,
Uh... Please explain. Diagram would be very helpfull.

There i edited my post. The link is in there. The pic is near the bottom
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Last edited by lookie here at Jul 3, 2006,
I still don't understand. I'm got an Epi les paul and the electronics cavity is really small.

Well with Epi all you have to do is turn the volume on your rythm pickup to 0 and keep the Trble at 10 and flick the switch.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Wait? So ones not valume and the otheris tone? There both volume?

Well the Epi LP has 4 Knobs.2 ofwhich are volume and 2 are tone so you can just turn one down and flck the switch.Im prety sure the top 2 are volumes
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Oh well then your gonna have to do the wiring thing. Or take it to a store and pay like 10 dollars for the installtion.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Yes, it is possible. Use the knob to shunt the hot to ground, just clone the master volume as it is now but apply them to the individual pickups.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by gary666
Yeh i wud like to know how to change mine into a killswitch too. or if there you can buy killswitches from anyplace? i think theyre pretty nifty!

Get any simple 3 prong toggle switch.

Intercept the wire from the input and put it in one of the prongs all the way to the side, wire the middle one to the input just like it should be before, then wire the last one to the ground.