I have a Schecter C-1 with a hardcase that I have been trying to sell mostly because I dislike gold hardware but I have been tinkering with the idea of keeping it also. It has one bad ding on the back and other than that it is pretty good. I do need to replace the pots though I think.

Ding =

Guitar =

I have been offered a PodXT Live Pedal pretty much brand new in the box. I don't know if I will get as much use out of the Pod as I will the Schecter and hardcase.

Do you think this is a fair trade?

Should I just keep the Schecter?
How much does the Schecher go for used usually? And how much does the POD?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
uh no i wouldnt do it....

replace the hardware if it bothers you

(the PODxt Live isnt very good anyway. i prefer single pedals)

the POD goes for 400

if you dont like the sound of the guitar then change the pickups
Quote by R_H_C_P
How much does the Schecher go for used usually? And how much does the POD?

Not really that sure. I think that if I sold it with the hardcase I could get about $350-450 depending on who saw the ads and whatnot. I basically don't care about the ding, it is just the gold hardware and gold pickups. I don't want to have to replace the pickups though because they are already pretty nice ones.

The POD new is $400 so I think they sell for like maybe $300 used. This one is basically new though.
Do you need the POD? If not, don't bother.

And yea, changing the hardware will be a good idea too.
Don't be afraid to care"

Why should the colour of the hardware matter anyway? aslong as it sounds good! lol
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by ScottishAngus
Why should the colour of the hardware matter anyway? aslong as it sounds good! lol

It does sound good, but I would also like to look at it.

Quote by R_H_C_P
Do you need the POD? If not, don't bother.

And yea, changing the hardware will be a good idea too.

I don't need the pod totally, but I have no effects. I already have a guitar but I have no effects for anything.
Changing the hardware so it's better looking would be a good option.

And you don't exactly need effects, and don't get a POD with a valve amp, get single effects.
Don't be afraid to care"

From what I have read it sounds pretty good through tubes. I don't really need effects anyway it was just kind of a toy.
Dude keep the guitar. It doesnt make sense to get rid of something that sounds/feels good just because it doesnt look good to you. Its a beautiful guitar! Why did you get it if you dont really like it? Or was it a present? Changing the hardware will cost no more then about 150bucks.
^Exactly.

And, we all live in a yellow submarine.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
Dude keep the guitar. It doesnt make sense to get rid of something that sounds/feels good just because it doesnt look good to you. Its a beautiful guitar! Why did you get it if you dont really like it? Or was it a present? Changing the hardware will cost no more then about 150bucks.

I got it because it was a good deal for me. I got the guitar and the hardcase for $180 US and my $100 used acoustic. I like my Les Paul better the only reason I would use the Schecter really would be as a back up. The POD would eliminate me buying pedals and it would also eliminate lugging my amp to my practice space all the time. We have a PA there so I could just plug into that with the POD.
Well if you like the Epi better... but make completly sure you want to get rid of the Schecter. Theres nothing worse then getting rid of something then wanting it back a week later. (happens to me a lot...i want my 6505 back...and my Crate amp head *ALL TUBE* back!)
Keep the guitar.

Why not just slap on some new hardware? Schecter C1's are great guitars.
It is a great guitar. I am not saying that it isn't. I reall yhave no need for it though. I have my Epi that i like better.

EDIT: Basically what I am saying it that I already like the sound I get with the Epi. I like the look of the Epi Better. The only thing I would use the Schecter for is a backup for gigs. I don't think that I need it really. I suck at making decisions and can't really make any decisions. I actually bought the Schecter in order to sell or trade but then liked it.
Last edited by jmac72187 at Jul 3, 2006,
keep the guitar. multi effects are pretty crappy unless theyre rack effects
Quote by JET116
keep the guitar. multi effects are pretty crappy unless theyre rack effects

Everyone says that the POD is a great multi effects unit. Maybe it doesn't fit that stereotype.
Quote by jmac72187
It is a great guitar. I am not saying that it isn't. I reall yhave no need for it though. I have my Epi that i like better.

EDIT: Basically what I am saying it that I already like the sound I get with the Epi. I like the look of the Epi Better. The only thing I would use the Schecter for is a backup for gigs. I don't think that I need it really. I suck at making decisions and can't really make any decisions. I actually bought the Schecter in order to sell or trade but then liked it.

Ok then what was the point of this thread?
Quote by lostfuze
Ok then what was the point of this thread?

To help make my decision. I am not sure if I shoudl keep it as backup or trade for the POD