i saw Rico Rodriguez, The Untouchables, Skeletones, The Hi-Lites, Pedaltones
last night and i didnt even dance. please help
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
Just get in there. Even if you don't do it right at first, just kind of bounce around to the rythm. You'll pick it up.
you want me to sign you?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Last edited by backtothe70s at Jul 3, 2006,
Wikipedia is the answer to all questions.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
Quote by sargasm
Just get in there. Even if you don't do it right at first, just kind of bounce around to the rythm. You'll pick it up.

I dunno if that play on the popular ska phrase 'pick it up' was intentional but it made me smile.

Anyways, to the threadstarter, just try and lose yourself in the music and let yourself go. A couple o' bevvys can help.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
left leg out...right arm up, right leg out...left arm up...its skankin
get kinda crouched and kinda look to the sides that your arms go to...just feel it
It's not 1999. Learn how to do the Alabama Shuffle. It's much cooler and gets you laid .1% of the time.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by GreenDayChris
I dunno if that play on the popular ska phrase 'pick it up' was intentional but it made me smile.

Haha. Didn't even occur to me when I was typing it.
The good thing about ska shows is no one cares how you dance. Skanking or not, if you just move like you're having a seizure, someone will more then likely follow you in someway.
believe me it's not that hard.

Quote by pInK_eLePhAnT
Haha, just go for it.
Yeah, you'll look like a twat, but dont we all?

haha
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by pInK_eLePhAnT
Haha, just go for it.
Yeah, you'll look like a twat, but dont we all?

When I skank, I basicly skip in place but I move(rotate) my shoulders with my arms, and (shake my ass) my hips with my legs when I do it.
It's how I "feeeeeeeeel" the music
Circle that A, motherfucker!
you just.. pick it up.. its really fun just move your arms and legs to the beat of the music and run around, have fun.. i mean if you PURPOSELY go out of your way to look like a douchebag, youll get made fun of.. but for the most part no one cars HOW you skank, its just that you do and keep rythym.. sounds funy and embarassing but when no ones home practice it
Quote by ScummerVacation

I like to do the hokey pokey when no one is looking.

Holy crap that made me LMAO
Heres my best advice:

Get off your seat.
Stomp your boots to the beat.
Throw your knees in the air, like you just dont care.
the first step to revolution is conciousness,
so i won't stop screaming at you until this all makes sense.
Quote by Failure
Heres my best advice:

Get off your seat.
Stomp your boots to the beat.
Throw your knees in the air, like you just dont care.

Mustard Plug FTW
BOLD.
Sure skaninking is mega fun but when you get the arseholes who start to mosh and hit people is what pisses me off about most people at shows.
They always follow what the first person does (some not all) if one person pushes they all push.
Most of the time i'm the only one skanking, it's fun.
All you have to do is kick your feet out and swing your arms and move in a circle.

EDIT: Ask pistols he knows about me being the only one dancing.
Last edited by rank-n-file at Jul 4, 2006,
someone attacked me for not skankin right

he cam up from behind and drop kicked me

that dude was an ass and i hope not all rudies are like that
Ah

Ha
Quote by maddd0g

Mustard Plug FTW

damn right, seen about 6 times, but i hate their recordings, but boy are they fun
Quote by rank-n-file
Sure skaninking is mega fun but when you get the arseholes who start to mosh and hit people is what pisses me off about most people at shows.
They always follow what the first person does (some not all) if one person pushes they all push.
Most of the time i'm the only one skanking, it's fun.
All you have to do is kick your feet out and swing your arms and move in a circle.

EDIT: Ask pistols he knows about me being the only one dancing.

its all about skank pits, destroys skanking and moshpits
As many said:you'll just listen to the music and be filed by it and when you can't do anything about it, you'll just start dancing...There's nothing hard to it...
Quote by (TC)
someone attacked me for not skankin right

he cam up from behind and drop kicked me

that dude was an ass and i hope not all rudies are like that

I've never seen that happen, and I've been to many ska shows. Only assholes will do something like that.

Also, how did you skank wrong? That's impossible.
I love skanking. It's pretty simple but hard to start, though. You just have to remember to use opposite arms and legs, so like when you put your left arm out, put out your right leg, and vice versa. It also actually helped me to watch skanking videos on Youtube, surprisingly.
To be honest at most venues no one really cares and a lot of people have their own styles at doing things so just watch a few people and then get into the pit and try your hand. The fact is that most people will more likely welcome and cherish the addition of another person to the pit rather than analyze the way they skank.
just watch the blues brothers.
true skanking. dan is like the best skanker ever.
or you can be one of those middle schoolers who mix hardcore arm flinging and skankin legs and go in a circle.
peace & chemicals