ok i have been playing guitar for like 2 years but still not very good and im interested in getting a pedal.. but im not what one to get.. i like metal and rock and punk and that type of music... i dont really like blues or soul or stuff like that so im looking for a good metal/rock effects or distortion pedal and my buget is like £100 please help thanks
" im so happy coz today i've found my friends in my head"
i have the digitech rp-50 and the boss metal zone mt-2. both are great rock pedals. the rp-50 has forty factory presets and then another forty for customizble ones, so you've got your options. the boss pedal is also fully tweakable, giving you everything from fuzz, to straight up rock, to 70s arena rock to heavy metal. the rp-50 was like 60 bucks, and the boss metal zone mt-2 was like 100.

oh and by the way, nice avatar......
Nirvana
Good Charlotte, Simple Plan
I'd o with a boss metal zone, ou can get a variety of tones and levels of distortion out of it and its $100 I dont know how many pounds it costs
well I dont know how much digitech's pedals are in US dollars both for metal look for the Grunge, for more rock stuff Hot Head(I think its called...)
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
^getting a pedal won't make you better, maybe you need to practice more. . .

YOu could get a boss metal zone. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
You can get an mt-2 new from ebay for £50, they're something like £60 in shops
Quote by trivium200
ok i have been playing guitar for like 2 years but still not very good and im interested in getting a pedal...

You should be more interested in getting better.

And I don't think they make pedals for that.

Unless its the MT-2...which hides all your sloppy-ness and missed notes behind a wall of thin, fuzzy, lifeless distortion.
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE

We all have different opinions on "good"

"everything is relative" ^^
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
Quote by backtothe70s
We all have different opinions on "good"

"everything is relative" ^^

yeah i know. the way it was worded didnt make sense to me though.."im not good and i want a pedal"

should be like "im not good and i want to get better, and i think this pedal might help me practice harder"

lol er something like that.

ok ok...what amp are we using here?

[edit] oh and pinkhaze29...the video in your sig made me vomit in my mouth and it came out my nose.
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
yeah i know. the way it was worded didnt make sense to me though.."im not good and i want a pedal"

should be like "im not good and i want to get better, and i think this pedal might help me practice harder"

[edit] oh and pinkhaze29...the video in your sig made me vomit in my mouth and it came out my nose.

agreed... that pinkhaze29 video was amazingly bad. girls CANNOT imitate cobain!
Nirvana
Good Charlotte, Simple Plan
^ besides the fact that the guitar player was sitting down and playing with no distortion and the drummer changed beats about 588435435 times just in the beginning and there wasnt a bass player...the chick was the best one lol.
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE

ok then I understand why your said that, sry for complaining
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
"You could try a boss qs-3 queer/emo pedal"

Sorry, I said that to an emo kid who wanted to know what effects MCR uses. . .

I thought it bore repeating. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE

Unless its the MT-2...which hides all your sloppy-ness and missed notes behind a wall of thin, fuzzy, lifeless distortion.

Quoted for truth.
NO, BETTER YET, GET A MARSHLL MG!!! you can hide 100% of all your mistakes with their muddy distortion and crappy cleans, and people won't even notice that you suck
Subdecay Blackstar pedal. Absolutely incredible.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
ok i know that getting a pedal isnt gonna make me any better at playing guitar but as people have said it can cover up my sloppy guitar playing..so what pedal out of all the ones said would be best for a begginer like me then?
" im so happy coz today i've found my friends in my head"
While a pedal doesn't make you a better player it may inspire you to practice or play more, hopefully leading to you improving.

Buy a good pedal, not just any old thing.

You can't go wrong with...

Ibanez/maxon ts-9 or ts-808
Visual Sound Jeckyll and Hyde
Sub-Decay stupid box, blackstar, tomato fuzz

All fuzz/od/distorsion type pedals.

You could also consider something like a Boss GE-7 equalizer pedal which not only shapes tone but gives you a boost too.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.