just wondering if anyone can give me the chords to the Phygian, Aeolian & Harmonic Minor please, because i'm kinda stumped on this.
Quote by Holy Katana
God created man before creating woman, because you need a rough draft before you create a masterpiece.

Member #4 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM altronataku or apocalypse13 to join.
Like what chords are built off them?

Or the chords for each entire mode?

For the first question

Minor 7th - Phrygian

Minor 7th - Aeolian

Minor/Maj 7th - Harmonic Minor
^Yep, I confirm.

Phrygian, if you want to get real mode-specific, is m7b9... 1 b3 5 b7 b9.
Aeolian is a minor 7, but if you want to distinguish it from Dorian, m7b13... 1 b3 5 b7 b13.
Harmonic Minor is min/M7... 1 b3 5 7.
Looking for my India/Django.
Word.

That and harmonic minor will have the same chord qualities as natural except for the seventh. So it, in turn, will go 1 b3 5 7 9 11 b13
So the Chords i can use with the Phrygian, Aeolian and Harmonic Minor are basicly Minor 7th's and Major 7th's? just wondering thats all because i've mastered all the positions ( along with the Locrian mode) and i'm just wanting to push the sounds out a little more.
Quote by Holy Katana
God created man before creating woman, because you need a rough draft before you create a masterpiece.

Member #4 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM altronataku or apocalypse13 to join.
^You can work out what chords will suit a particular mode by the scale degrees of the mode and how they relate to the chord.

Phrygian - 1 b2 b3 4 5 b6 b7 1.

Minor7th - 1 b3 5 b7 or...

Minor7thb9 - 1 b3 5 b7 b9(b2) - because the b9(b2) is present in the phrygian mode aswell.

It's just about becoming familiar with each mode, it's intervals and how they relate to the chords you want to use.