Damn, it sucks to be left handed sometimes, I am my self. But it has its pros, but many cons. Any lefthanders around? what kind of equipment are you using?

My equipment
Fender Standard Strat 60th Annv. Ed.
Fender Harvard Reverb Amp
Boss V Wah
Digitech Rp50
disadvantage is that people will find it harder to teach you. an advantage is that you can pretend you're right handed and then show off
I'm left handed, and it does suck. every guitar is 20 percent more expensive at guitar center, and the guitar i have is a righty switch so it took a while to fix the intonation and get everything else set up right.

my gear

Arbor custom
Fender Frontman 25r
BOSS ME-50 effects box
I'm a lefty, but I don't find it hard to look for left-handed guitars...I know where to look and what not...

EDIT: One of my favorite pro's of being lefty is that no one else will touch your guitar So when you buy it it's pretty much new.
yup being a lefty would suck. Me and my buddy both bought solid white gibson v's at the exact same time at the exact same store and his was like 500 bucks more than mine.
Quote by mikb
disadvantage is that people will find it harder to teach you. an advantage is that you can pretend you're right handed and then show off

i have a right handed teacher and its just fine. its like looking in a mirror. so stop talking out of your ass.

being left handed doesnt suck. i love it cause us lefties are the minority, and were more artistic that right handed people. right handed people go to be politicians and cubicle workers
and threadstarter, nobodys MAKING you play guitar left handedly.

oh and to the guy above me... shut up. no it wasnt.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Last edited by Ostin at Jul 3, 2006,
Quote by Ostin
i have a right handed teacher and its just fine. its like looking in a mirror. so stop talking out of your ass.

being left handed doesnt suck. i love it cause us lefties are the minority, and were more artistic that right handed people. right naded people go to be politicians and cubicle workers
and threadstarter, nobodys MAKING you play guitar left handedly.

oh and to the guy above me... shut up. no it wasnt.

umm yea it was actually.....
no it wasnt.

NO price on ANY guitar changes 500 dollars just because its left handed.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.

Quote by I_Pwn

Quote by mikb

......wow....you are really stupid..
with gibson apparently it does becaue supposedly they have to "custom make" the left handed guitars
Quote by deadmansdiary
with gibson apparently it does becaue supposedly they have to "custom make" the left handed guitars

sure they do......
the

Quote by I_Pwn

I have a Gison SG lefty and it was only AU$200 more than the right handed version.
If deadmansdiary is telling the truth, it just means he got ripped off. Shame.
peter

Last edited by GOD on the 7th day
been a left hander is more then cool. i know that is dificult to find a guitar but that is no problem when yo have it. take me like an example, i have been playing just 10 month and i have just an acoustic in this days my new guitar is the schecter c-1 plus left handed and i am very optimistic with myself. the point is I AM VERY PROUD OF BEEN A LEFT HAND PLAYER.
we make the world different!!!!!!.
the only 2 thing that i think is different is the guitar and the tabs! and if you are looking for a left hand amp!!!! YOU ARE THE MOST STUPID PERSON ON EARTH!!!
i am a lefty and i found out that there are not many mid range guitars were i live in maine the only left handed guitars are cheap squire strats and then way over priced les pauls but i found my self a nice dk1 for 600 a good deal on a sweet axe guitar grave is the sh!t
im lefty too. see my sig for my gear. i dont think it sucks that bad. the only problem with guitar buying besides selection in general is at the shops you either get to play a 200 dollar guitar or a 1200 dollar guitar. theres the beginner ones and usually one gibson or fender or something. for about 4 or five months my guitar center had the same 3 leftys. 2 standard strats and a cheap ibanez. it made me so mad.
xxx

my rig:
-gibson les paul studio (sh4-bridge)
-peavey valve king 212
-electro-harmonix english muff'n
-roland micro cube
-digitech digidelay
-digitech grunge
-rocktron hush pedal
-fender pedal tuner
its nice not having people touch your guitars in all, but somebody said nobody is making us play left handed. I want to see you do a kirk hammet solo right handed then, do it i dare you, the take a video camera and record how s***ty it is. Our brains think differently, we can change it. So we have to play left handed. Someone also said that lefty guitars are more expensive, they are. Along time ago, when Dean first started making signature Dimebag guitars, my freind ordered a left handed one, they didnt make it for another month, shipping was insanely expensive, and the fact that he had to order wasnt fun either. Just becuase your left handed doesnt make you a good musician. Take Nirvana's Kurt Cobain, his solo's are all simple and he plays mainly power chords. He is not a good musician, and he's left handed.
Quote by SilverDrop
the only 2 thing that i think is different is the guitar and the tabs! and if you are looking for a left hand amp!!!! YOU ARE THE MOST STUPID PERSON ON EARTH!!!

your an idiot. the tabs arnt different. and try using the right puncuation (i.e. dont use exclamation marks to end the sentence when the sentence shouldnt be ending. unless you write your sentences!!! like this )

and to the guy above me... when i said nobodys making you play left handed, i meant that NOBODY MADE YOU START OUT LEFT HANDED. if you are a lefty and pick up a guitar and play it like a righty, then you WILL play like a righty and you will CONTINUE to play like a righty, even if you write with your ****ing left hand. moron.

and its a myth if lefties are more artistic. dont take everything to damn litteral. stop being to damn stiff.
the

Quote by I_Pwn

Last edited by Ostin at Jul 4, 2006,
could u just change the strings around? or would that not work for some reason
^^ the nut gets in the way of that. but you could get a new nut and switch it around. but then theres complications with that, and i dont feel like getting into it.
the

Quote by I_Pwn

if being a lefty is bad you should of started playing the right handed way which i did.Fretting hand is much better than picking hand where as, i would pressume it is the other way round for a right handed guitarist.
I've always said to friends, "if you are truly left handed and want to play left handed go for it. But if I had my time over, I'd play right handed."
There have been so many times where it would have been brilliant to be right handed.
I can play upside down decent, but I'd rather be right handed.
I've been playing for about 11 years btw.
peter

Last edited by GOD on the 7th day
I'm a lefty, but I play righty. It just learned that way (not having access to any left-handed guitars when I was a kid).

It's good being able to walk into any guitar store and have a vast selection, not just the 2 or 3 left-handed guitars in stock.

By the way, Carvin sells left-handed guitars. I don't think they cost extra or take longer to make or ship.
Guitars: Carvin TL-60T, Carvin C750 Acoustic, Squier Strat w/Carvin C22B & AP11's, Alvarez-Yairi DY76 12-string, Eastman MD-605 Mandolin, Fender Mandocaster, Ibanez UKS-10 Ukulele
yea, Im left handed, but when i was doing research on my first guitar, it was suggested to learn how to play right handed, since i had never really even touched a guitar before.

But there are some famous guitarists that string the guitar backwards and play with the guitar left handed, although i cant remember their names right now, haha.

But right handed stuff is usually cheaper and much easier to come by, so thats what I did, went right handed, and ive liked it so far. Besides I think my left hand is much more dexterious and I think in the long run that with be better for fretting
I did a little poking around on Carvin's website and found they have a few lefty's in currently in stock. If you don't like what they have in-stock they'll build you one for a very reasonable price, considering what you get.

http://www.carvin.com/products/gisList.php?Hand=L
Guitars: Carvin TL-60T, Carvin C750 Acoustic, Squier Strat w/Carvin C22B & AP11's, Alvarez-Yairi DY76 12-string, Eastman MD-605 Mandolin, Fender Mandocaster, Ibanez UKS-10 Ukulele