Hey all, my friend really wants me to take his old amp off his hands (Its a Piece of **** Yamaha 10 watt, 6-inch speaker) and I was thinking that I also have an old Peavey 10 watt 6 incher as well and that maybe I could combine them into a stereo 'cause mine just broke. I could also try an make a new amp out of them but A) I don't really need one and B) It'd probably turn out like crap.

So here's my question, Is there any way to take the speakers out of those amps and connect them to a CD player somehow to make a sweet stereo or something? I also could take out the speakers from my old stereo if I wanted to and add them to the two amp speakers.

Thoughts on this? Will it most likely turn out like crap? Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
if you get a cable splitter, (1X3.5mm stereo jack to 2X 6.3mm Mono jack) send one signal to one amp and the other one to the other amp. Also try using a stereo chorus pedal with your guitar. It's what all the profesional recordings are like.

Also you can take out the speakers in your hifi as long as they are the same resistance but a lot of guitar speakers are 8ohm whereas the hifi speakers are 6ohm so it probably won't work. Also Guitar speakers are voiced to give a good tone with that amp but you might actually prefer the hifi sound.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Jul 3, 2006,
Quote by eddiehimself
if you get a cable splitter, (1X3.5mm stereo jack to 2X 6.3mm Mono jack) send one signal to one amp and the other one to the other amp. Also try usinga chorus pedal with your guitar.

Uh i dunno if you really understand what I'm trying to do, basically I'm taking the speakers out of the amps and making a CD player.

What does having a chorus pedal have to do with anything?

EDIT: I think whats throwing people off is me referring to my CD player as a stereo, I don't mean stereophonic sound, My bad
Quote by spazzymagee417
Last edited by Tedrick at Jul 3, 2006,
Yeah but recordings sound a lot better in stereo and a cable splitter is about £2 and I don't belive you could connect your player to 2 amps and have it in mono even if you wanted to.

Almost all recordings have the rythm guitar in stereo so if you use a chorus pedal you get a really cool thick really heavy guitar sound. It's unrelated to what you want to do but it's worth a go to hear how cool it is.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
Almost all recordings have the rythm guitar in stereo so if you use a chorus pedal you get a really cool thick really heavy guitar sound. It's unrelated to what you want to do but it's worth a go to hear how cool it is.

Okay cool
Quote by spazzymagee417
I see you have a line6 spider. Does it have 2 speakers? 'cos if it does you should put the chorus on that to see what I mean.

Also nice guitar man!
EH

Quote by eddiehimself
I see you have a line6 spider. Does it have 2 speakers? 'cos if it does you should put the chorus on that to see what I mean.

Also nice guitar man!

Thanks, yeah I'll try the chorus thing

Does any one know how to do what I'm asking in the orginal question though?
Quote by spazzymagee417
Last edited by Tedrick at Jul 3, 2006,
I know can't be arsed to change it tho.
EH

Quote by Tedrick
Thanks, yeah I'll try the chorus thing

Does any one know how to do what I'm asking in the orginal question though?

Yes that's what i was sying abut the cable splitter. It's a way of getting a single stereo source (Ie CD player) to go into two mono recivers (Ie 2 guitar amps)

get one of these

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_artikel-180798.htm

then 2 of these

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_the_sssnake_1820_adapter_prodinfo.html

and you'll be able to connect them up and use it as a stereo
EH

Quote by eddiehimself
Yes that's what i was sying abut the cable splitter. It's a way of getting a single stereo source (Ie CD player) to go into two mono recivers (Ie 2 guitar amps)

get one of these

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_artikel-180798.htm

then 2 of these

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_the_sssnake_1820_adapter_prodinfo.html

and you'll be able to connect them up and use it as a stereo

Oh, I get it now, thanks
Quote by spazzymagee417