For any of you that have seen the crossroads guitar festival dvd.. john mayer does this amazing improv right before going into one of his crummy IMO pop songs. Does anyone know a tab or something of the sort could be found for this?
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
notice the term "improv". this means it should not be tabbed out and you should learn to improv just as good
Quote by Doolittle
Do it for Hedwig!
well I just relistened to it a couple of times and I copped some of the licks he used.. but yes I should learn how to improv better, even though I don't think I'm that bad, but theres nothing wrong with taking licks and using them for your own purpose and mutating them a bit
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
Quote by TylerRRR
well I just relistened to it a couple of times and I copped some of the licks he used.. but yes I should learn how to improv better, even though I don't think I'm that bad, but theres nothing wrong with taking licks and using them for your own purpose and mutating them a bit

until the lawyers step in!
FIJI
It's better if you use your ears to figure it out. It'd be pointless to go through the effort of tabbing something like that, esp. since it's in free-time.
Looking for my India/Django.
notice the term "improv". this means it should not be tabbed out and you should learn to improv just as good

The best way to learn things such as improv is to learn directly from the masters, via transcribing and analyzing and learning what common harmonic devices they use in their music so that you can apply it to your own (written or improvised).
^exactly
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
Well either way I doubt you'll find a tab of it... it's a rare song to hear, that specific performance anyways. I doubt someone would go through the effot of tabbing out a song that's only played on a not-so-well-selling DVD...
It's not well selling? Honestly? Theres some damn good blues on that dvd. I knew I woundn't be able to find a tab of it.. I just wanted other people to get interested in john mayers preformance.
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
Last edited by TylerRRR at Jul 3, 2006,
Well, it's not exactly THE big-seller of the year... if you mention it around blues fanatics, they'll know of it and probably own it. Anywhere else... probably not.

I didn't to highlight that it was a marketing failure... it was anything but... but it's a rare one. Only so many were sold.