I went to a pawn shop across the street from where I take guitar lessons today and was looking at there guitar equipment there. Two things I found I liked was a 15 Vox amp for 49 bucks and a Japanese made Squire for 100 bucks. the squire was a fat strat with a liscened floyd on it and was all black. Didn't play it or anything but it was just a good find.
ok so ur point is?
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
I found some cottage cheese in my refrigerador. Didn't eat it but it's a relief to know it's there.
There is no point, I see where the Japanese Squires rival fender quality, just saying I saw one. I've never seen one before.
Quote by Ablazean
I found some cottage cheese in my refrigerador. Didn't eat it but it's a relief to know it's there.

Glad to know, at least you wont go hungry.
i lol'd when i read the cottage cheese thing.

the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Quote by Ostin
i lol'd when i read the cottage cheese thing.

I almost LOLd but managed to restrain myself as I'm supposed to be working
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
when i was in 10th grade they showed us a slide show of STD's and one was nicknamed the cottage cheese. I shiver whenever i see cottage cheese.
Japanese squire sounds like even worse than a EDIT (REGULAR) SquireS, wow a battery powered Vox amp..........Wow kid theres no point in telling us.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Last edited by The Master Plan at Jul 4, 2006,
Quote by The Master Plan
Japanese squire sounds like even worse than a American Squire, wow a battery powered Vox amp..........Wow kid theres no point in telling us.

You really have no idea what you're talking about do you?

I'd buy the Squier if I were you.
I belive the Japanese models were better than the American Standards in the 80's. It wouldn't be the same with squires, what I was saying its worse than the regular squier.
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Quote by The Master Plan
Japanese squire sounds like even worse than a American Squire, wow a battery powered Vox amp..........Wow kid theres no point in telling us.

there are no american squiers i believe.....
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by The Master Plan
I belive the Japanese models were better than the American Standards in the 80's. It wouldn't be the same with squires, what I was saying its worse than the regular squier.

But, aren't most 'regular' Squires Japanese anyway?
^Nope, Korean or Chinese, the Jap Squiers are apparently the good ones.

And yea, the Japanese Squiers in the 80's took sales from the American Standard Strats.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
funny, seems pointless topics are like an "open to any discusion" topic, STD's, Cheese, squires yad yada , lol!
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by The Master Plan

The Jap models in the 80s that were better than the American Fenders were Squier brand. There are no American Squiers, as said, and the 'bad' ones are made in Korea/China. The general trend towards guitar quality is that Japan is usually on par with or better than most major American manufacturers.
Quote by The Master Plan
Japanese squire sounds like even worse than a EDIT (REGULAR) SquireS, wow a battery powered Vox amp..........Wow kid theres no point in telling us.

Sorry not a kid, i'm probably older than you. At leasst i'm not asking about buying a knock-off Gibson from China.
^lol, wouldn't that be an EPIPHONE lol. Anyway, Japanese are genius's. They can mass produce high quality instruments, at a fraction of what it costs American manufacturers. I mean, look at the Epiphone Elitists, they are on par or batter than most Gibsons, and cost 1/2 of their American counterparts (comparison used is the $1200 Elitist Custom and the $2400 Gibson Custom). I mean, Japan Rules lol!!
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Why would you want to by a squire Fender when, you obviously can afford a way better guitar, since your 41 years old and probably have a good job.
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
I never asked for opinions on if I should buy it. Here on UG i have heard that the Japanese squires during thier day in the 80's were as good or better than the fenders. I was just stating my find.