Thinking about dreams in Holy Katana's thread made me think about all the scary dreams I've ever had, some of which are pretty strange. I wanna see if any other UGers have dreams as freaky as mine.

1.)For no discernible reason I was walking down some giant tunnel when some giants came out a door and one ate my leg (I was 7 and it was scary at the time).
2.)A guy in a scream mask burst into my bedroom. Strangely he had parcel tape over the eyes and mouth but it was still terrifying.
3.)I was walking past my house with some friends when some crazy motherfucked covered in blood jumped up to the blood-smeared window with a dismembered head in one hand and a bloody knife in the other. Now that was strange.

I also had some weird one which I can't remember but which made me insane. That was a pretty weird night (or nights I've had it more than once).

Anyway post your own terrifying dreams. Or just strange ones.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Hmm walking around my hometown when guys will jump out shoot at me and I'll see the blood in my eyes as I collapse to the floor. Also had them kill my friends.

Walk into my room/the mate who I'm dreaming about and finding them dead, covered in blood with the grim reaper or the devil, or my perception of the devil, standing next to them, drinking their blood, a really evil laugh and holding their head.
ive had plenty...one that sticks in my head most though...

me, some friends, my ex and my little sister are in some random game show (similar to Takeshi's Castle). we are running up this hill being chased by zombies somehow my little sister trips and gets eaten and turned by them...creeped me out, because of the gore and stuff...made me realise how much i need to look after my sister....
Whenever i take nyquil I have wierd dreams. Like one time i went to wal-mart to buy a hamper, window cleaner, and that one game Jenga. I have no idea why.
Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Pile on many more layers and I'll be joining you there.
And we'll bask in the shadow of yesterday's triumph,
sail on the steel breeze.
I was once stuck in a room of popele who woulnd't stop hugging me talking about how "random" things were, calling everthing they saw cute.

It was hell
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
i had this one dream in which i was sitting on a fence smoking weed when all of the sudden these aliens came from the sky and landed on the ground and started chasing me.

part 2 of the same dream: i kept running from the aliens until i got to a supermaket. i ran inside the market and found the isle that had all the weed and shrooms on the shelves. i purchase one mushroom and a quarter of weed. then i left the market and remembered why i went inside in the first place

part 3: yet to come.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
The dream where I was playing with some fake pellet guns with my friends in a mall, all shooting each other, but then I shot one, and it killed him, and then I just kept on shooting, and was crying, but couldn't stop shooting them. I was probably 8 at the time.

-WU
I was in world war 3, and i was on the only chunk of earth left, and I had to choose either jumpin off and bein killed by the vacuum of space, or lettin the last atomic bomb hit me, i found a beer somewhere and waited it out
You ever get those dreams where you're just falling? Forever? And you try to scream but you can't breathe?

Or when your getting shot at or something and you try to run but you keep falling down? I hate that sh*t. I always die.
Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
Pile on many more layers and I'll be joining you there.
And we'll bask in the shadow of yesterday's triumph,
sail on the steel breeze.
Quote by Crazy_Diamond16
You ever get those dreams where you're just falling? Forever? And you try to scream but you can't breathe?

Or when your getting shot at or something and you try to run but you keep falling down? I hate that sh*t. I always die.

i had a dream one time where i was driving up a steep hill and the hill kept curving until the car flipped backwards and i fell out and kept falling and then i woke up and realized i wasnt breathing.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
all of my dreams are freaky but i think the last one was..

i was in some old town abandoned and the only place was a cinema so we went in and there was only one other person there, my friends go to the loo's and next to is this mega long corridoor thats pitch black at the end like something from resident evil anyway theres this person wearing all black and you cant see their face its covered by their hair, bloody scarey. they start walking down this corridoor and no matter how hard i try i cant stop myself from running after them. we get a way down this corridoor and i get up to hem , they turn around and in the most scarey as hell deep voice they just say" the time is now" and carry on walking,
then i woke up, gives me shudders just thinking about it

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

Last edited by BcRichOwner at Jul 3, 2006,
Playing hide and seek.

In the boiler room from nightmare on elm street.

...with spiderman

yup, that was pretty weird. also there was one where a volcano was in the middle of a street a while away from me- but the lava was the T-100 from resident evil 2, and my dad had some weird ball thing that we used to kill him. we then found my hamster in its cage on top of my house.

(both of these were like 10 years old)
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
One strange dream occurence that will always stay with me happened when I was about 9. I was on an island like the one in Jurassic park, only there seemed to be noting alive apart from my friends. Eventually we found this random pool that was filled with Pirahnas, and I fell into the pool. Now the strange part, the very second I hit the water in my dream a picture in my room fell off the wall and shattered, and the glass sounded like the pirahnas teeth. Scared the crap out of me.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
I have like incomplete and weird dreams, like a video game thats not loaded and it looks all weird. Like I had a dream this fat guy was chasing me, and Ill fell into a square hole in a cement block, and a piece of paper fell on me and everything exploded. Once I dreamt I saw a possesed girl. And once I dreamt I woke up one night, and there was red light in my room and I looked to the right of my bed and my mom was there like chopped to pieces, it was scary.
3 dreams that stuck with me forever

1. a recurring one i had form the ages of 4 till 8 involved me walking up the stairs to my room where a towel lay on the floor. i got nearer and it would jup and attack em with a screaming noise. thing was after a while i knew what was going to happen but yet i still stepped near it

2. a few christmases ago i dreamt i was being helld by a huge giant that kept biting me. so after a few nights of this dream in a row i finally tired really hard to punch the giant and i did, i woke up with my fist on the pillow and never had that dream again

3. i walk into a room full of people and they are all screaming at me and i just go "GUESS WHO'S BAAAACCCCKKK!" like proper screaming it

friggin freaky shizniz
Fissh demands you cease this faggotry at once!
The scariest dream I ever had....

I passed my film course with a 74.

EDIT -- I just remembered this one really recent one which was weird as hell.

Me and my friends were in a movie theater watching Snakes on a Plane, and what happened was the seven or eight of them with me sat a few rows in front, and the girl I'd like to date is sitting beside me. Then out of no where, me and my short italian friend are magically thrown into the plane in the movies bathroom. We look out over the theater, and see rubber rafts everywhere for no apparent reason. Then we open the planes bathroom door, and me and him fly outside and snag hold of a rubber raft. We then pilot it down along a European highway. After it stops, we walk off it and inside a nearby building which was apparently one of the world cup stadiums.

Then I woke up thinking "what in the holy hell... the world cup's not being held in Italy...."

And that was that.
Last edited by Maet at Jul 3, 2006,
when i was 7 and 8 i would have this dream like every night that i was falling down this pit...and it would just keep going like that for a while..then id hit the bottom and it would say the end..and i would wake up...a couple of years later one of my friends said that if you hit the bottom you were supposed to die or somthin i donno
THRICE!!
Another strange thing, a few years ago kept having dreams that I killed someone then hid all the evidence and trie dliving with the guilt. It was pretty freaky, screwed with my mind for a while.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
I don't usually dream, but when I do it's always really random and messed up. One I remember a little went like this: at one point I was in my dad's garage fighting off Bebop and Rocksteady, (the bull and rhino from ninja turltes) and at another point I was in a blue room under the sea eating dinner with a bunch of people I don't know.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
I have a lot of scary messed up dreams...(as soon as I wake up I save them in my blog so I can read them later...Here's Last Night's Dream...it's really long...but it would make an interesting horror movie... )

Once I dreamt that I was at a theme park and the bathroom was turning people into aliens...being only 8 or 9 this terrified me...

For some reason I remember my dreams in surprising detail...
one scary dream i had was i was sleeping in my bed and i heard the door open and someone walked into my house and then into my room and i thought it was burglar and i didnt want to move but then i did and i woke up idk doesnt seem scary when i write it but like it was so real it was weird

but ive had some really strange ones too

like once a heard of rhinos came running in this giant field and there wasa random bar (like where i work) and i hid behind there and some guy spraed toothpaste to protect us
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
i saved a fellow theif from being caught by flying them out of new york city using wal-mart bags...
Holy crap, my UG account still exists?
There was one that started weird and ended up freaky.

Basically, I'm in this multilevel building with some oher people. For some reason there was a bush inside the building, and a weasel ran behind it. When it didn't come back out, I looked behind the bush and there was an egg behind it, but no weasel. That's the weird section. Then I saw this "nightmare machine" that scanend your eyes and played back your last nightmare. I put my head in it, and it clamped down on it, shot some purple beams into my eyes, then this TV screen started playing this for some reason immensely scary dream. It started with this weird distorted crashign sound, then all these crazy colours whirled around, and some giant fanged face popped out or something... anyway, it was really weird.

All the next dreams I had when I was about 8 years old.

One, Iwas just in a pit with these zombies, then I climbed out and a bear ate me. That was it.

Another, I was in this giant warehouse full of plants with my dad. He was looking at some and I wandered off and got lost. Unpleasant, but not especially scary. Then I realized I was dreaming and tryed to wake up, but couldn't. For some reason this freaked me out.

Another, I can actually still see the scariness of.

Basically, I was walking around with my mom outside, then I wanted to go somewhere, so I ran ahead. But when I got there, my mom was there already even though she'd been walking slowly, and she was weaing different clothes than before. So basically this happened several times in various places, then came what seemed to be the "climax" of he dream. I was standing at the bottom of some stairs, and I could see my mom in the room at the top of them talking on the phone wearig a yellow shirt. Then my sister came and stood at the top of the stairs and said "Look behind you." So I did and there was my mom, wearing a red shirt. I woke up with a huge jolt.

Some other not-quite dreams I've had were really freaky. At my grandma's house, which always has a creepy feeling, and in it both of my siblings have seen ghosts, what almost always happens is I'm just about to fall asleep, or just waking up, so in that sort of unaware but technically awake dozing state, something has shocked me awake. One time I "saw" in my sort of half-dream, half-reality, someone walk into the room. Then I heard this weird robotic voice say "Anybody freeze". I don't know what it means either, but I bolted awake and sat up, kind of expecting someone to be standing there. Another time I was sort of dreaming, and I was just walking into a room, when suddenly someone jumped out and slammed me in the face with a metal baseball bat. It was the hugest jolt I've ever had, and probably the scariest thing that's ever happened to me. It scared me so much I was breathing heavily for another ten minutes. All the other times I've just woken up for no reason. For some reason, this never happens to me anywhere else, only at my grandma's house.

I've also had a couple drreams where I jumped off buildings, mostly last summer when I was feeling really depressed. Those were pretty scary.
You will find me as cute as your favourite nephew
Until I break your knees with a baseball bat
You will find me so kind, I'll be someone you like
Until I brush your teeth with a razorblade
I've had two really strange dreams, one was really recent. I'll start with the recent one first.

The recent dream I had a few weeks ago really wasn't an unpleasant dream. Many parts of it have really gone gray already, but what sticks out in my mind was that I was walking in what seemed to be my school cafeteria, holding hands with someone I really admire, and she was out in front, leading me somewhere.

About a month ago, I started reading up a bit on Jungian theory, interested in what it was about. I like educating myself on odd things, I've been that way since I was a little kid. My understanding is very, very infantile and very, very dull, but, according to the theory, the repressed personality traits of the male unconscious noted as feminine, dubbed "anima" (in my case since I'm male), can influence behavior while not being present at all. The anima represents the alter-ego, which we sometimes see in other people we tend to be instantly attracted to, and also serves as a guide to a person's unconscious realm, a guiding female.

Reflecting on the theory made me think of that dream. Maybe there is a certain significance to that dream I had. Maybe it's a sign of some sort. In my own way, I hope it is.

The other dream was simply a nightmare -- a real vision of the end of the world for me. I can remember waking up one morning at one of many houses I've lived in. I look out the window and notice there is a very nasty, very, very severe storm outside. My first thought was that I had to get everyone and go somewhere safe. As a result, I run through the house. I trip and, for some reason that just escapes me, I can't get up. I crawl to the kitchen and I see someone I presume to be my mother washing dishes. Then I look back outside and the storm has gotten much, much worse in such a surreal way. I see the clouds turn into this ugly, skin chilling face. Then there's a bolt of lightning and, well, white. After that, I woke up in a cold sweat, scared shitless.
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
Quote by Crazy_Diamond16

In my dreams I always wake up the second before I die and everything turns white.

My strangest dream that I can remember is that I was put into the shoes of Jack (from Jack and the Beanstalk, a childrens story) and the angry giant was chasing me. This dream was also in cartoon.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
I had a dream that I found the corpse of my best friend, and I went insane and tryed to tell his mom that her son was dead but she wouldn't believe me. =(
i was on top of a skyscraper, which was apparently the house of some old guy, who apparently i knew. it was his birthday and my family and his granddaughter were there. me and her put our money together to buy him a box of multicolored paper chameleons. when he opened it he screamed and then closed it, wlaked to another table, opened it again and screamed and kept going in a circle between these three tables doing that. finally he came up to me, started shaking me and yelling "do you know what the government will do if they find out we have a vacuum cleaner?". ya that was the weirdest dream for some reason.
i had another were i was in this house that wanted to kill me and it was full of htese white cats that also wanted to kill me. there was something else about two fat people being squished into a swimming pool two, i dont really remember what that was.
It's the recuring (nightmare) thread

Oh no!
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I have many strange dreams.

1). I had to fight a hydra becuase Mcdonalds changed what there fries taste like and that was the only way to bring it back.
2) I fell in love with this ghost girl who was trying to kill me.
3) The bird flu was spread by tainted 7up
4) I had a flesh eating virus and had to embark on a Final Fantasy like journey to find the cure (complete with airship)
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
The night my grandma died...

What was happening in real life before I went to bed that night:
My Grandma was in the hospital not doing well at all. My dad and his brother were with her.

I then went to bed.

My Dream:
It was a nice afternoon and my mom and I were watching TV. The phone started ringing. I picked it up, just to hear my dad screaming. I started Crying in the dream.

Then I woke up.

Back to real life:

So I wake up, scared COMPLETELY shitless.

The phone starts ringing. It's my Dad. He asks if I could get my mom out of bed and put her on the phone. She started to cry and says, "Matt, Grandma June just died"

That was the only dream where I have actually been that scared when I woke up.
Well I had this one dream...and I was having buttsecks. It was cool.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories