Well, I'm going for a beginner guitar for myself. I'm wanting to play mainly classic rock and some metal, so which would be better for me?
RG deffinately
Quote by Righteous
Is that Chuck Norris in your avator? I never thought of him as a shredder really... a shredder of bodies maybe.

Member: "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join

Self Proclaimed Master of Typos
I've got the Ibanez, and it's alright. I'd reccomend it for more metal playing than anything else, though. I works with classic rock too, but only if you get the right tone out of it.
Ohhh...My head hurts...

Quote by Inahrima
^ have i told you i keep misreading your title as UG's biggest bad greek?
^well looks whose talkin mr. schecter

bah, get the omen6, im not just sayin it cuz thats wut i got, but cuz it is a very reliable and durable guitar. schecter makes some high quality stuff, and it looks really nice too.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Ibanez by far.

Ibanez has a MAHOGONY BODY, which tonally and strengthenly is better than basswood(schecter), the ibanez has a much thinner neck( better for faster stuff, and shredding) better upperfret access, looks better, and cheaper. My local GC has the 321 20$ cheaper than the omen 6....

Definately the RG, it puts that schecter to rest.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
but he only said some metal, mostly classic rock. and ive never seen a beginner shred. i havent played the rg, but i own the omen. im not gonna compare/propaganda, but either way, you cant go wrong.
Schecter omen 6 hands down, Ive gone through many guitars more expensive than the Omen and Its still a thin of beauty, still plays well, handles all songs beautifully and I gigged with it Its amazing never had anything better for the price
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Which of the two is better for Classic Rock? I don't really plan on shredding anytime soon, considering I'm just learning.
I'll just say this. When I was looking for a guitar around the same price a month ago, those two were the "finalists". I played each for a bit and while they both sounded pretty good for everything I played (ranging from clean stuff to metal), I liked the feel of the RG much better and got that. Keep in mind that I do probably have a "beginner's ear" so someone with more experience can help you with the details of the different tones. Oh yeah, and the RG has a 5 way pickup selecter so it can imitate single coils fairly well where as the Omen 6 can only have a humbucker sound, since it's not coil tapped. I've heard that single coils > humbuckers for classic rock so I'd say go with the RG. You should try them both out though if you can because the feel was a lot of the reason I ended up going with the RG. Good luck finding the right guitar!
I play almosts 95% classic rock on my Omen 6, with the right amp (Vox) It sounds excellent
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
^ It would sound even better an rg321. Mahogony.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by Guitaraphone06
I play almosts 95% classic rock on my Omen 6, with the right amp (Vox) It sounds excellent

..Same here, only on the RG with the VOX... it really doesn't matter what guitar you use within reason, it's the amp.
Ibanez RG321MH - (PAF Joe / FRED)
Vox AC30
I didnt like the Omens Ive tried, they seem like great beginner guitars but lack features like good wood, pups, a trem, better finishes. The neck was average and on the thick side. But everyone should be so lucky to get an Omen 6 for thier first guitar.

Get the RG better mahogany wooded body.
try em out. some omen 6's were pretty bad at GC. just by picking them up the thing felt cheap, but some omen's feel just great though.
I have tried and bought both the RG321 and the Omen 6. I'm not gonna say that Schecter's have a quality problem cuz I have heard so much great stuff about them but mine wasn't too hot. I probably could have worked on it until I liked the tone but I figured I would send it back to MF.com and try the RG321. The RG came damaged today, I played it anyway. I think the RG is the guitar for me. It has a much better tone, to my ears and I LOVE the look of an RG. Too bad I have to send it back and wait another ten days for another one. I hope the next one sounds this good.

The arched top on the Schecter was another thing that bugged me, gave me hand cramps. I am sure that I would get over it but add the cramps to the poor quality construction, the scratches from shipping, and tone not suited for me, and Well that was just to much for me.

Guitar shopping is fun until someone puts a hole in your guitar.
Why would anyone want to play a guitar named Omen?

On a more serious note. RG has mahogany, a fast thin satin-finished neck, five-way switching with out of phase neck mode, and an all-access neck joint. So it has its aces.

Omen has.. a chubby oil-finished neck, 3-way switching, basswood, and no AANJ. It's just plain middle-of-the road average product with a trendy name at the moment.

Clearly, RG beats the Omen with what it offers. Granted that the price is the same, the choice is pretty clear, ain't it now?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!