how?!
ma' gear: -Fender Stratocaster (Mexican) Left-handed
w/ push pull pot and series mod
-Ovation Acoustic-electric
-Vox Valvetronix ad30vt amp w/ effects loop mod
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
-Rocktron short timer delay pedal
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
you need to buy a direct box and download the right software to hook the guitar up to the computer. why are you trying to?
analog cord. Its got a 1/4 inch end that plugs up to your guitar and a 1/8 inch end that plugs into your computer in the microphone slot.
idk if this is the right thread for this though...
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
If you want it to sound good get a box like the Line 6 Guitar port or Toneport, or the M-Audio Blackbox.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
i have the right cables and everthing and i tried it but when i play it sound very quiet. do i need a special program? what program?
ma' gear: -Fender Stratocaster (Mexican) Left-handed
w/ push pull pot and series mod
-Ovation Acoustic-electric
-Vox Valvetronix ad30vt amp w/ effects loop mod
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
-Rocktron short timer delay pedal
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Leave your mother's guitar alone and get your own, you freeloader.

If you have a distortion pedal or something try using that without the distortion to boost the signal volume. Any pedal will do, really, as long as it allows you to turn the given effect waaay down. A volume pedal would be the best... but first try turning the volume of your line in on Windows. Turn all of the volume levels all the way up.
Without the proper modelling software, I would not recommend recording direct to the computer.....try to put something infront of it as a preamp.....a line out of an amp....or an interface of some sort (line 6 for quick low end solution).....firewire interfaces for better quality, but higher price also.
get yaself some mic's, drum kit, mac G4, digidesign 002 rack and a cheap desk n monitors and make a fricken album
that blackbox costs more than a bloody car
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
download "AUDACITY" free recording program.

plug ur guitar into the line or mic in. using a 1/8" adapter like said. $2.

unmute ur mic, or select line in.

if it doesnt work, it means ur sound card sucks, so update ur drivers.

run the guitar thru ur amp or thru an effects pedal if u want to hear effects.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I actually have the same question. Usually when I'm playing, there's a lot of background noise that's only partly due to the fact that I record with my webcam. I just live a noisy life, considering how quiet of a guy I actually am. Yeah. In any case, what are the specifications for a sound card that you'd need for all of this stuff to work? What are your recommendations and the pries on those. What are the prices of the items listed above? Where are the BEST deals online for quality versions of these products? Any and all of this information is appreciated by my lazy ass. Thanks.
all you need a decent computer mic (like me) and download the SWITCH programs (there are like 5. You can tape the mic onto your amp and record. Its cheap and works.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
what would i use with reaper??

i used to go firestly into computer and it sounded ****ty but i downloaded reaper and audacity ( i like the setup of reaper mmore)

would i just buy the line 2 guitar port or the black box or do i need something different to record into a program already installed.
Quote by GizmoKaKa
My face resembles a buttocks.

Quote by guitar?
I used to hold down my dog and piss on it. I don't have a dog anymore.
Well if you are going to use your speakers as the amp, then they will explode if you do it incorrectly, or worse, if you try and use a OD the speakers....