How is this guitar?..anyone own/try it?

Is it good for heavy metal, thrash metal and blues?

Whats better, the Epi 1958 Korina V or the Hamer Vector?

Hamer Vector:http://www.hamerguitars.com/?fa=detail&mid=960&sid=346

Epiphone 1958 Korina V: http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=31&CollectionID=3
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

never tried it but hamer is kinda a kmnock off company and not that great all aroung, epi Vs are alright but if you get one you may wanna change the pups out
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
i onyl want to try them both if i hear that they are awesome, and i dont know if its allowed to order a guitar, but not buy it. The companies around here that both carry the Hamer series and Epiphone's just carry the low end ones. The most expensive Epi i have seen in the shop is the G-400, which i bought. So i dont know if i can jsut get him to order it, without HAVING to buy it, same goes for the Hamer. I'll have ot look into it.

EDIT: to guy above me, howcome you think Hamer's arent good and are just knockoffs?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by 94 hours
never tried it but hamer is kinda a kmnock off company and not that great all aroung, epi Vs are alright but if you get one you may wanna change the pups out

You're high. Hamer has been a high end builder for years. The Vector isn't one of their high end guitars but you can hear it if you listen to any Judas Priest, Downing plays one. Albeit one with EMGs and scalloped fret board.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I don't think its scalloped, but i do know that he uses EMG's on some guitars, and i heard he used a Vector...but i always thought his was a different model than this, but anyway, i love Priest, and would love this guitar...i wish i could try it...and find out how much it is
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by 94 hours

have you even PLAYED a Hamer before....?
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Hamer's a knockoff but Epi isnt? A Korean Hamer Archtop is a much better guitar than an Epi LP standard, its 2 piece mahogany back with real 3/4" maple top and they weigh a bit more than a Gibson LP Studio.
I agree, Hamer's do seem better than Epi's, and im sure in the long run this will be too...so ill see ifi can get one in and try it...teh w00t
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

I have a Hamer and I love it. It's not the same as that one but it's good. I also know a guy that has a Hamer too and he likes his. For a fairly cheap guitar it's good. Nothing like a Gibson but it's still good.
US Hamers are every bit as good and in most cases better than a LP Studio (for sure) and a LP Standard, Classic, or Doublecut (which is what shape a Hamer Archtop is but with sexier sculpted horns like a PRS Santana).
how are the necks typicallly on V's...are they fat?...or thin? Can anyone give an example of another guitar the neck feels like?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

is that thick or thin? Sorry, but i have never had the l iberty of trying a Gibson, seeing as how all the 3 shops around me carry **** for gear.

EDIT: anyway, i'm fecking bored so im going ot go watch Futurama/Family Guy, then sleep. I'll check on this thread tomorrow when i remember. Dont stop posting though guys!
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Last edited by The_Hell_Patrol at Jul 4, 2006,
the Hamer's nice- I played a Vector at a guitar convention a few months back and really liked it. Morgan from Kittie plays one, but with EMGs.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I don't think its scalloped, but i do know that he uses EMG's on some guitars, and i heard he used a Vector...but i always thought his was a different model than this, but anyway, i love Priest, and would love this guitar...i wish i could try it...and find out how much it is

I'm just going on what I saw on "Rising in the East" concert footage from Budokan. It looked to me like EMGs and I could have sworn scallops. I may be mistaken though. All I know is after all this time both those guys rip! Tipton may be the most underrated...
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I agree, Tipton is making his own CD's now though, and they are good, not as good as Priest, but they are good. I would definantly like to try out the Hamer though, it looks sweet...and i think would like a D shaped neck more than a C shaped
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

To all you idiots out there. The Epi V and Explorer are not korina! They are a korina veneer over mystery wood. Korina is very hard to find and work with, cracks easily if not dried right hence the cost. The Hamer Vector LE is all Korina. Only 72 made in 1997. Epis don't come closeb