This is a video of me playing As the Palaces Burn by Lamb of God. I downpicked it all.

With a digitial camera, so it doesn't fully capture my guitar tone or anything like that, but its a good watch.

Oh and I don't know the full song, so during the solo and the part after the solo I just improvised a riff that fits the progression of the song. It doesn't sound out of place, so its all good.

http://media.putfile.com/As-the-Palaces-Burn-37

btw i am skinny, i know
Last edited by Teh_Ben at Jul 3, 2006,
Ah, well I'm not a big time poster on this site, just came since MX is down.

And on MX people post videos and people comment on the playing and whatnot. I don't know how it works around here.
Yeah, this normally would belong in the "Riffs and Recordings > Cover Songs" forum.

Nice guitar, Epi LP Custom? How does it play on the higher frets? Difficult to get at?

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Last edited by Mike1109 at Jul 3, 2006,
why not?

oh yeah and its an epiphone les paul, its pretty nice. I bought it before I played much metal, but its a good quality guitar. Looks amazing too.

BTW sorry wrong forum. Maybe a mod can move it or something.

And regarding the downpick thing, I find that when it is alt picks I tend to want to play it really fast, not to mention downpicking it provides more of a challenge.
nothing wrong with downpicking.

but in the future u'll find the need of using alt picking much easier
after awile if i dont doen pick for awile my wrist would kill a ton by doing that. but i downpick aot of heavy stuff. to me i can get a good palm mute on the E string and go from there but i guese it depends on what you play.
Co-Founder of the I Am Canadian Club, pm me or Mantiscabinet to join

My gear:

Gibson les paul studio
line 6 spider 112
washburn X12 with zakk wylde emgs
2004 pearl protone drum set
Quote by mhail
nothing wrong with downpicking.

but in the future u'll find the need of using alt picking much easier

It's not a question of whether I can't alternate pick. Its not like I only downpick everything and I couldn't alternate pick to save my life, because I can downpick things. I just wanted to increase my downpicking strength so I decided to.
can anyone give me any advise or any links of where i can find lamb of god's amp settings.. i.e treble bass etc.. because i just cant get the sound!
R I P Darrell 'Dimebag' Abbott

You will be missed by most, but your music has influenced all!!
Quote by Teh_Ben

btw i am skinny, i know

Don't worry about that, but when the Fashion Police arrive you're in big trouble

Nice guitar btw.