ok, this is actually my first time in THIS section of ug:p (for some unknown reason)

i was wondering what you all use for computer recordings.

i use cool edit pro to get the tracks on my comp. then from there i import them into Acid Pro 5.0 (not a bad program, not that great either)

i find that cool edit is great for editing and all that fun stuff (clip reduction = god) haha and Acid is so perfect for laying out everything and mastering.

but thats just what i do, i've never really asked anyone what they do for recording: so here i am

any tips at all?????

and if anyone has any questions about acid or cool edit, i'de be more than happy to try and answer them!
thanks much
eric
haha, thats crazy, those are the same programs I use. Except I have CoolEdit Pro 2.0, and Acid Pro 4.0.. Yeah they work pretty good actually, they do everything I need them to.
I personally use Audacity, it does everything i need for me such as mastering, taking certain noises out from the background and adding its own effects such as reverb etc, overall i think audacity is great for someone who is just starting to record themselves.
audacity you say?

can't you DL that for free???

if you have the linkaroo i think you should post it, just incase someone need it

to olp
haha, cool edit 2.0 also!!! i love it so much.
audacity is much lower quality free software than cool edit, check out beatcraft ive been using that cause my rummer doesnt have decent recording gear and i found i can mix out the whole song perfectly with that
Quote by casualty01

btw, you're annoying me.

banned.

Cas-
The link to audacity is in the "Recording Software" Stickyed Thread
College. ... ? . !!
There's no need to talk when we have medicine.
You guys are going to loove this, but...

1. Mic my amp (woot)
2. Distortion on my amp (woot)
3. Into... get this... Acid 2.0 (I have 3 somewhere, but being the lazy SOB I am...)
4. Add drums with a drum loop kit for Acid
5. rerecord
6. Export as wav files (each seperate track seperately... damn you acid!)
7. Final mixing in... Sonic Foundry Vegas 7.0 Pro. THIS IS A VIDEO EDITOR.
8. upload!

Laugh my friggin azz off.
"My spoon's too big! My spoon... is too big! My spooooon is too big! My spoon's too big!"

"I am a baNANA!"

You're watching the family learning channel!
Quote by ihavnofingrprnt
o ya and dont ever say "Linkaroo again"

really? damn...

ok next subject:

RECORDING DRUMS

whenever i try it sounds like my cat is farting into the mic....

tips?
I use GuitarPort into SONAR 5, and I do drum tracks in Reason.

EDIT: GuitarPort not GuitarPro...damn...lol
Last edited by GogN at Jul 4, 2006,
Quote by mr.Krinkle
ah man, reason is the devil!!! so freeking complicated!!! haha, maybe i'm just challenged

It took me a whiiillllleeee to deal with it. In the end, I can't even tell my drummer and bassist are really electronically generated.
Quote by mr.Krinkle
really? damn...

ok next subject:

RECORDING DRUMS

tips?

Get a drum mice package, quite expensive but it won't sound like ur cats farting
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
^ya VERY expensive...and its not like i'm a hard core drummer, i only record for myself...like if i played just drums than maybe. man...i need a rich drummer. or teach my cat how to far along with some sevendust cd's:p
Quote by mr.Krinkle
really? damn...

ok next subject:

RECORDING DRUMS

tips?

recording drums takes time.
took me a couple of months to get used to mic placements and such.

but if you have any questions pm me. i am pretty good with miking them and such

a song of mine can be found here

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387734
Quote by mr.Krinkle
did you buy it, or is there some kinda trial?

(i d/l my old version. i'm such a terrible person:p)

I bought it. At first I was upset with myself for doing it, but after a month or so of trial and error...that program really makes the money worth it.
I'm using cool edit... and the metronome is bleeding over onto all the tracks. How do I get rid of it?
Quote by KnightValor
You guys are going to loove this, but...

1. Mic my amp (woot)
2. Distortion on my amp (woot)
3. Into... get this... Acid 2.0 (I have 3 somewhere, but being the lazy SOB I am...)
4. Add drums with a drum loop kit for Acid
5. rerecord
6. Export as wav files (each seperate track seperately... damn you acid!)
7. Final mixing in... Sonic Foundry Vegas 7.0 Pro. THIS IS A VIDEO EDITOR.
8. upload!

Laugh my friggin azz off.

I'm so tempted to hear a recording of yours, link me!