Hello, I'm just here to ask some Emos here why they decided to become Emo.

Why is being depressed and cutting yourself make yourself look cool?

It is something I've just been able to not understand, I mean... you'd have to be just plain mentally dissabiled or just stupid to think being depressed is cool....

And also, ahem, may I ask you all to not make it a huge trend, because emo and pop punk (Fallout Boy, AFI, ECT.) are becoming a huge bug and disgrace to the music industry(well not money wise but more like well you know)

Other then that uhhh I think Emo and Pop Punk are just great!!!
I don't think a lot of people here fall under what you call "emo". What you would consider emo is not a trend, many of those bands(Fall Out Boy, AFI, etc.) have been making music since way before the term emo became popular so I think you should just shutup.
ok im not an emo but i still cant help but saying that you are a moron. cutting yourself is a steriotype and being depressed is not something a person can help
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
you are just another one of those biased fags that think they are better than everyone else.

not all emos cut themselves, and most of the people ive seen who cut themselves arent emo.

and the thing about the falloutboy thing, pretty much only poser emos like them, but like different genres of emo have great music ( for eg. atreyu, bullet for my valentine. on the metal side of emo)

seriously, stop with the stereotypes

and you are just probly some bald 40 yr old faggot living in his parents basement, whos never gotten laid in his life. i bet that hands looking pretty friendly right about now
ok to start off people aren't emo its a genre of music ok then the cutting part look at what slayer fans do...they aren't what you call "emo" ok and all these metal fools are pissed because emo bands are getting more records sales and more popularity....so before you start saying stuff look at it from a different perspective....
That is not what i was trying to say!

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
the simple fact that you started this thread shows you know nothing about emo. go be ignorant in the metal forums.

BTW: reported
a little lie says you'd like nothing better.....
Dude, early AFI is THE SH1T. period. Also, i agree that emo is lame, but don't post a thread like this. you are an asshat. not all emo kids cut themselves.. although the music does promote it and i hate all emo bands for that.. and also being whiny, i don't like whiny people. it's like, is suburbia really that bad i mean give me a break JESUS.
Quote by TearsFall
you are just another one of those biased fags that think they are better than everyone else.

not all emos cut themselves, and most of the people ive seen who cut themselves arent emo.

and the thing about the falloutboy thing, pretty much only poser emos like them, but like different genres of emo have great music ( for eg. atreyu, bullet for my valentine. on the metal side of emo)

seriously, stop with the stereotypes

and you are just probly some bald 40 yr old faggot living in his parents basement, whos never gotten laid in his life. i bet that hands looking pretty friendly right about now

Tell me more, I love to laugh
the stereotypes on this site never cease to amuse me
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
^^^ Whoh a little fiesty there dude...

Edit: Haha, a lot of people posted before I actually did... Hence, the mistake.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff

priceless
TearsFall you are my hero
Quote by cerveza
priceless
TearsFall you are my hero

You all are just in denial about your embarresment of being emo.

Accept it and get over it.
Quote by clay10david
You all are just in denial about your embarresment of being emo.

Accept it and get over it.

You such an ass....