Ok, I've heard this "chord progression" in several songs- A, G, F#, F, E, also played as power chords:
--------------------------------------------------------
--7---------5---------4----------3----------2--------
--7-(x6)---5-(x6)---4-(x6)----3-(x4)----2--(x4)-
--5---------3---------2----------1----------0--------

I know Led Zeppelin's "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" has this in the chorus (played by distorted guitar). There is a Chicago (i think?) song with this, and also a song I'm trying to figure out that came out several years ago. Just wondered how many other songs out there have this same progression,.
Yeah, I think Green Day was accused of "copying" the progression from that Chicago song...

Brain Stew- Green Day
Last Resort- Papa Roach

^^^Well those would be a semitone down from the progression you posted, but it's just the key that's different.
Quote by NotAJock2Day
Yeah, I think Green Day was accused of "copying" the progression from that Chicago song...
Do you mean 25 or 6 to 4?
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Thanks a lot, Brain Stew was the song I was trying to figure out. Last night I was playin guitar at my friends house, and when I playe that progression, both of my friends said it sounded like yet another song. Can anyone thing of any other songs?
Quote by walk_down
Babe I'm Gonna leave you....I think

Lol already said that
Quote by Seals881
dont be such a hard a** vicd08

How would you know if its hard you been lookin at it?
"Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" by The White Stripes is almost identical, except it doesn't use one of those chords.
Thanks, but thats still not the other song I'm trying to figure out. Maybe my friends are just stupid.

Any other songs??
Last edited by vicd08 at Jul 6, 2006,