It's red, P/J pick ups... Um I'm not sure what you wanna know about it. You should've done some research though especially if youre buying off eBay.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
It's ugly and by Dean. As said above, you should've done some research. I never would've bought it, though. It's ugly as hell, but, to each his own.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
it's your first bass, so there's no shame in doing no research. while playing this bass, try to find out what you're looking for in a bass. then when you're ready, buy a bass that's more "you"
Bob Marleys bassist learnt on a piece of wood with one string tuned to E. Dont worry, as long as it plays, you can learn. As Riekes said, once you're into bass a bit more, and you know what you dislike about this bass, you can get a different one.

Good luck with your bass, please ask any questions if you're not sure of anything..
not a terrible price for a first bass. it very well could be a homemade body with a Dean neck, or a forged Dean sticker. the pick-ups seem to be unusually spaced apart.
try looking for it at the Dean web site. if you can get a model #, i can look it up in my book. my first bass cost me $150(us), in 1975. it taught me alot about what to look for in my second bass, a Peavey T-40, in 1977. good luck and keep practicing!!
any bass is better than, no bass.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Jul 4, 2006,
It's not on the Dean website, all I've found out about it so far is that's a Dean Bel Aire bass made in the 80s.
my book, The Official Vintage Guitar Magazine Price Guide 2005, does not list that model. is it made in korea, or usa? Dean started making basses in 1976. it does list
1984-1986 Korean Imports $200- $300.
if its your first bass buying off of ebay is the worst possible thing you could have done for your first bass you really need to go into a mucis store and try and play every bass they have and select which ever one JUMP at you and just feels right in your hands
Make Love Not War!!! & I love Ally!! [8.12.06] To Be Married 10-25-08
Quote by flea433
if its your first bass buying off of ebay is the worst possible thing you could have done for your first bass you really need to go into a mucis store and try and play every bass they have and select which ever one JUMP at you and just feels right in your hands

i didn't do that, the amused looks of all the guitarhero's while i pluck my first random notes would be to mutch
^screw the already talented for looking down apon you as you begin to learn. A pox on them....and don't let other peoples opinions bother you. If it does, threaten to beat them with the very instrument you're holding.

Anyway, i personally wouldn't have bought this as my first, or bought it from ebay, but it should get you through while you search for something better, as I am while still rocking my Squier p-bass
or if it's a 5-string you could alwalys snap it off and strangle them with it...

the b string that is....
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel