What if somebody who didn't know anything about the guitar was taught a song such as Blitzkrieg as their first on the guitar?

How do you think it would affect their playing ability in the long run?

Undoubtedly, such an idea would require that the song be broken up into many parts, and have the scales involved, etc. taught as teacher and student went along. It would require a ridiculous amount of patience on both parts, but... hey, it could work!
Epiphone Dot Studio
Peavey Valve King 112 (w/ Eminence Texas Heat)
Digitech Hot Head
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
Elixir .010-.052
i'd give you a dollar if you pulled it off
in other, related new, KoL, lawl
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
Quote by caughtinamosh
i'd give you a dollar if you pulled it off
in other, related new, KoL, lawl

I agree. KoL for the win. In a clan?
Epiphone Dot Studio
Digitech Hot Head
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
Elixir .010-.052
yeah, the clan with the name
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
Quote by caughtinamosh
yeah, the clan with the name

Damn, man, those guys are hax0rz.
Epiphone Dot Studio
Digitech Hot Head
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
Elixir .010-.052
I suppose, but i don't know if it would make any difference in the long run other than improving their playing.

But they could easily improve their playign by learning such a song after a year or so.

I would rather have a horse be able to jump over a log and progress to be able to jump over a fence, rather then trying to jump the fence and failing miserably.

Not to mention the players confidence would probably be low being presented with a hard piece right off the bat.
yeh it would take time and lots of frustration but they can learn it. but like always take the baby step first