Page 1 of 2
i have about 100 bucks right now
and im looking for a decent wah

i play metal, classic rock, blues and some other stuff

i was thinking about the ibanez auto-wah, but im not sure
Last edited by Spade1 at Jul 3, 2006,
i have the weepin demon. awesome pedal, i especially like the frequency range switch as i have a 6 and 7 string guitar
Quote by metal_hed
i have the weepin demon. awesome pedal, i especially like the frequency range switch as i have a 6 and 7 string guitar

i also have a 6 and 7 string guitar

good to know it works with both
i have the same pedal, but it doesnt sound like a wah.....i play mostly metal...so could i steal some of your wah settings from you please? im having a hard time getting it how i want it. and i dont like the factory settings either.
if you could do this for me it would be greatly appreciated.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Look into a used dime crybaby from hell.

They blend the best with any kind of distortion and is probably the most versatile wah I have played to date.
Quote by Teh_Ben
Look into a used dime crybaby from hell.

They blend the best with any kind of distortion and is probably the most versatile wah I have played to date.

where can i find a used one?

my local guitar shop only has bosses and korgs
^ Yeah the original is horrible, unversatile (I know because I owned one, actually two because they both broke). I suggest saving up and getting the Dime Wah (versatile as ever and goes awesomely well with distortion). Or go for the Weeping Demon.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
I suggest a Vox V847.

that would do classic rock and blues but not too sure about the metal part
i tend to use a V847 for metal etc and i think it holds up pretty good, ok not as good as the dime crybaby, but then that is a killer wah.......all i can really say is just keep searching for somewhere which stocks a bigger selection of wah's
I find that any wah with a lower frequency holds up well with metal style playing (Dime wah, 535Q, Jimi Hendrix wah, Wylde wah)...

Of course i'm only talking about dunlop wah's.
i have a cry baby from hell got it xmas 05 used rarely has original box used for messin around in room type deal Like new
Quote by lp_dude_2
well i got my 535Q today and i love it. very versitial. i can do stuff from RHCP to Shadows Fall. defentally look into it, im really happy with mine.

nice, how much did you pay for it? did you think it was worth it? is it true bypass?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
nice, how much did you pay for it? did you think it was worth it? is it true bypass?

well it was priced for like $125 but since the guitar center here price matches, i dont know if all of them do, i showed them how musicians friend had it for like $107, so with tax i paid about $115. and it was defnetally worth it. my schecter has coil tap so ive been playing some kick ass sounding funk lately, and when i switch it back to the humbucker and turn the "Q" knob, ive got great high gain suited metal wah solo tone. and the bypass is amazing, its defentally true bypass
Quote by lp_dude_2
well it was priced for like $125 but since the guitar center here price matches, i dont know if all of them do, i showed them how musicians friend had it for like $107, so with tax i paid about $115. and it was defnetally worth it. my schecter has coil tap so ive been playing some kick ass sounding funk lately, and when i switch it back to the humbucker and turn the "Q" knob, ive got great high gain suited metal wah solo tone. and the bypass is amazing, its defentally true bypass

so when you take batteries out it still works. alright looks like ive got more gas now
Quote by azn_guitarist25
so when you take batteries out it still works. alright looks like ive got more gas now

batteries? who said anything about batteries? i ment the bypass when the pedals not activated. to the best of my knowlege, no pedal works bypass wise unless it has some kind of power supply, even if its not activated.
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
what about slash's crybaby? it has distortion too

ive personally never used it but id fell like it'd limit you a bit, your using slash's wah and slash's distortion, so unless your going for slash's tone, your ****ed.
The Rocktron wah has distortion as well, and you can switch between Vox style, Crybaby style and bass wah ranges.
Quote by lp_dude_2
batteries? who said anything about batteries? i ment the bypass when the pedals not activated. to the best of my knowlege, no pedal works bypass wise unless it has some kind of power supply, even if its not activated.

hmm.. if im not mistaken but isnt true bypass when if your batteries were to run out it would act as if it was non activated.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
hmm.. if im not mistaken but isnt true bypass when if your batteries were to run out it would act as if it was non activated.

Not exactly. True bypass pretty much means that when the pedal is not activated/loses power/whatever...it doesn't effect your signal path, and therefore completely removes any trace of the pedal from your sound. No hum, buzz, loss of tone, etc. and last time i checked, a stock 535Q is NOT true bypass, but with some mods, it can be.
MY GEAR
Schecter Omen 6
Crate GT30
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by Raistincarnate

Yeah, Dragonforce is like having two Steve Vai's that were locked up with a DnD game and a guitar for twenty years and then started a band.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
that would do classic rock and blues but not too sure about the metal part

randy rhodes used a vox v847...

its a great wah all around, very big sweep, but it doesn't have an ac adapter (its only fault).
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
5....3....5......Q. Nuff said. Satriani uses it too . I have one, one of the best investments i made.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
You say you got about 100 bucks eh?
If you play rock, blues and even metal (much like myself), why not get the "GCB-95 Crybaby" by Dunlop. I have one and it sounds great in any of thoses styles, all you have to worry about is your tone. That's what really makes up how effective the pedal works.

For example, using a lot of treble & bass (and scooping the mids) will leave a very ineffective result.

Using a lot of mids and bass (and scooping the treble) will give excellent wah results...

So far that's been working out for me, even by using tones in between. However, if you use noisy equipment prior to getting one of these wahs, you probably won't like this one...
Quote by Schecter Owns
Not exactly. True bypass pretty much means that when the pedal is not activated/loses power/whatever...it doesn't effect your signal path, and therefore completely removes any trace of the pedal from your sound. No hum, buzz, loss of tone, etc. and last time i checked, a stock 535Q is NOT true bypass, but with some mods, it can be.

are you talking about the old 535Q or the newer ones? cause ive got the newer one and the bypass sounds pretty true to me. the new ones have a new circut borad and are rewired for better clearity(sp?) and use less power with batteries but still give you that awesome wah tone.
Quote by Schecter Owns

which is what i meant in a different way. so lets get this clear.

true bypass is when your pedal is off due to batteries running out out or when you bypass it and acts as if the pedal werent there in the first place so it sends the signal dry and unaffected
Quote by azn_guitarist25
which is what i meant in a different way. so lets get this clear.

true bypass is when your pedal is off due to batteries running out out or when you bypass it and acts as if the pedal werent there in the first place so it sends the signal dry and unaffected

ok, unactivated its has true bypass. now i did this with an adapter so i dont know if using a battery has a different affect but, when the pedal is activated and the power gets cut off, the adapter is unplugged, no sound at all. but if the pedal is not activated and the power is cut off, it still has true bypass. now it might be different with batteries but i dont have any dead 9 volts so i cant try it.
Quote by lp_dude_2
ok, unactivated its has true bypass. now i did this with an adapter so i dont know if using a battery has a different affect but, when the pedal is activated and the power gets cut off, the adapter is unplugged, no sound at all. but if the pedal is not activated and the power is cut off, it still has true bypass. now it might be different with batteries but i dont have any dead 9 volts so i cant try it.

just take your battery out and unplug the adapter if the signal is still dry (unaffected) then its true bypass
i wouldnt suggest getting an autowah, it sounds easier to use and it is because u dont have to do squat. BUT you cant control how much wah u want on each note and everything, and autowah just wahs every so many seconds, or on every note
Page 1 of 2